rusted heater line help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ok heres the deal my lower heater lines (rusted through) under the passengers floorboard i was able to replace. the ones behind the engine extending down seem to be non replaceable due to access. has anyone here ben able to find a way to replace them ? what are my options.

options are run 5/8" rubber heater hose and leave the rusted lines there.
lift the body or lower the transmission to get enough room to replace the lines.
or bypass the rear heater. you live in central Florida!

haha yeh its 97 degrees here with 96% himidity with out rain...but im an oem freak i like it as it was designed.. so are you saying run heater hose from the engine bay to the bottom under the floor boards and connect there..in place of the oem metal lines.?

I have rubber hoses running from engine bay back replacing the hard lines

My vote for Florida would be to bypass

But I need the rear heater in Maine when I have my kids in the back in the winter

John

I replaced my rear heater lines last year. It can be done and parts are still available.

I have rubber hoses running from engine bay back replacing the hard lines

My vote for Florida would be to bypass

But I need the rear heater in Maine when I have my kids in the back in the winter

John
How much length did you need to do this?

colorado40 you replaced them with oem metal lines or rubber heater hose? i have new cond. oem metal lines from a parts truck, if its possible to swap with out major work.

Dominic, I have 5/8 gates hose if you decide to go that route. Just call I'll help you if I can!

offer excepted... your place or mine? lunch and beer provided. hows sat after 10:30am or 6:30pm when it cools down to lower 90s

How much length did you need to do this?

I don't remember as it has been a few years

I have it in my records somewhere but am away at the moment

Sorry
John

Seriously, if you're in FL I'd say bypass. And I'm an OEM OCD fool too.

what is needed for the bypass.. suppose i could try it and if its not sufficiently heating the truck this winter in NC. during X-mas vacation... go from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom