rust inside truck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pigeaten

GOLD Star
Threads
Bought a 55 , mice had gotten into truck and lived above headliner. pulled headliner out, but now surface rust in areas from mouse urine. thinking of using a small sandblaster to remove rust, then primer and paint. Anybody recommend a small sprayer, or have a better idea?

It's a brush on multi-stage kinda deal. That's what I've used on the rust on the interior of my 62. I did wire wheel off most of it before applying it though, so depending on the integrity of the panel you're repairing, that may also be worth doing.

I've used POR15 and it's great stuff but you have to follow the instructions pretty much verbatim. Remove all loose rust and scale, use their rust converter (I think they call it metal prep?), paint with POR15. I always brushed it on but I think you can brush, roll or spray.

POR15 is amazing stuff if you do the prep and application properly. I've got a car where I did the trans cross member at least 10 years ago and it looks new. I would never spray however as the chemistry is isocyanate based which is incredibly nasty causing irreversible damage with too much exposure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom