Running Lights, Rear Turn Signals, Out Of Commision (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone.

Just getting ready for my safety inspection in 2 weeks, lol, havent done anything in two weeks.

I have a short somewhere in my running light wires, definitely not in the rear half, and I'm not pulling my truck apart to find a short in the front; so, I am replacing my running light wires and going to a new switch. :clap: I plan on splicing my hot cable into 4, then running them to the front then the back. Is there anything wrong with doing this? Do I need a relay? What is a relay for? :meh:

Problem two,
Only the front turnsignals are working, havn't checked for a blown fuse, as I figured the front and back would be on the same switch. I fixed them up, and they working, all the connections are solid in the rear.

-How should I go about doing this? My first guess would be to triple check the wires in the back, or to run new grounds, or check it with the voltmeter once I get a new battery. If neither of the previous three attempted fixes work, what should I do?

Thanks guys,

Emerson

Dude you won't get too many responses because no one but YOU knows what the wiring harness looks like, you have to just dig in there man. Get a test light and an ohm meter and go at it, that's what i did, oh i also installed a new switch. Good luck, you don't need a relay just don't be dumbass and used thin wires.

Can I easily remove my dash lights, so that I dont have a light in my dash?

I dont have a speedo, so theres nothing good to see down there.

Hey Emerson, dunno for sure but you might also have better luck posting in the diesel section just do to the 24v system in your truck.
Cheers
Graham

PS going to have most of my trucks Rear end all apart this weekend so if you want you can bring it by my place I'll be working on mine anyways.

Dude you won't get too many responses because no one but YOU knows what the wiring harness looks like, you have to just dig in there man. Get a test light and an ohm meter and go at it, that's what i did, oh i also installed a new switch. Good luck, you don't need a relay just don't used thin wires.

That's the best post I have ever seen from you.:clap:
All you left out was a link to the Tech section so he can look at the wiring diagrams. And I fixed the last line for ya too.

IH8MUD.com - Technical

Under the heading Electrical Tech, you will find links to wiring diagrams, that will help you wire it up correctly, and help you find any other things you want to eliminate, just so you can get your cert. good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom