Running board trim [FOUND] (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have a good condition set of running board trim pieces they would be willing to part with?

I would like to trim a set down to see how they look on my LX to cover the bottoms of my fender flares.

The pieces I need are indicated below.

1594827114300.png

This is what I am trying to achive...

1594827141986.png

Bumping before adding to the big-board...

Thanks Jackson! Do you have all four or just those three?

I really appreciate it! Can I use yours as a backup plan?

Another guy on Mud responded and said he will send me his set. He has a complete set with mud flaps that appear to be in good shape.

I am going to have them painted to match my flares and make a set of sliders that resemble the running boards.

Are the 80’s and lx450 trim the same? I have the original fronts off my 80. Very unmolested

Yeah I think they are the same. However, I have a full set on its way to me from another Mud member in San Diego.

Thank you none the less..

Thanks to everyone who responded. I received a set from @koifish and getting them prepped/mocked-up for fitment with some DIY sliders that are intended to look like Bump It Off-Road's step sliders.

Thanks to everyone who responded. I received a set from @koifish and getting them prepped/mocked-up for fitment with some DIY sliders that are intended to look like Bump It Off-Road's step sliders.

Hey Mike,
How’s the pig coming along?

Hey Mike,
How’s the pig coming along?
Well if doing nothing is progress, then its almost done! Truthfully, I have been tinkering with it a very small amount.

I bought new doors for it as the old ones were full of bondo. Also decided to get another 2F rebuilt so I can use my H55F and frame.

Making progress on rebuilding the H55F, all the parts are cleaned, the housings are painted and ready for reassembly.

I figure I will build a rolling chassis (engine, axles, trans, etc.) and then (possibly) transfer the body over unless I find a better one by then.

What fun stuff have you been up to?

Well if doing nothing is progress, then its almost done! Truthfully, I have been tinkering with it a very small amount.

I bought new doors for it as the old ones were full of bondo. Also decided to get another 2F rebuilt so I can use my H55F and frame.

Making progress on rebuilding the H55F, all the parts are cleaned, the housings are painted and ready for reassembly.

I figure I will build a rolling chassis (engine, axles, trans, etc.) and then (possibly) transfer the body over unless I find a better one by then.

What fun stuff have you been up to?

Fun stuff has been limited. My fj45 is drivable and I use it occasionally for runs to Home Depot, but it’s hot with no ac. Not sure if I am going to do more with it or just leave it alone. I fear if I tear it apart it will become a never ending project that I will eventually tire of.

Fun stuff has been limited. My fj45 is drivable and I use it occasionally for runs to Home Depot, but it’s hot with no ac. Not sure if I am going to do more with it or just leave it alone. I fear if I tear it apart it will become a never ending project that I will eventually tire of.
Smart move... things spiral out of control quickly

Did you use any special pullers to tear the H55F Down? Need to do this myself. Mainly to switch a B engine input shaft for one from an F/H engine.

If this is going in your FJ55 might be interested in a prototype correct top cover for the 40 series was just tested in Australia and very possible going to be reproduced. While the H55F was later than the 55 series the FJ55 did share the same shift can location as the 40 series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom