Rubithon: July 13-17, 2011 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yeap high altitude & low idle, next time try adjust the idle by puling the idle knob & lock.

In both the 5 spd and last week with my wife's auto I set the idle up to 850 with the idle up knob. I thought it was just a NA issue, not something a turboed diesel would have issue with.

Jeff, why was your idle so low? Is it suppose to be set at 500 rpm?

I've compiled all the short video segments Becky shot of the climb up Cadillac Hill:

That was awesome at the end there. You totally had him running for his life! :hillbilly:

I think factory specs are 750, mines always been at 500. I had forgotten about my manual hand throttle to be honest :eek:

You can adjust it quite easily if you want to. It's just a nut and a lock nut. I had to adjust mine after lowering my fuel that had been tampered with by the PO.

got to admit I have a lot more respect for the 80 after watching your vids :flipoff2:. your transmission fluid must have been toasty.

your transmission fluid must have been toasty.

:meh: Never noticed anything, except the one day when we were heading south out of Oregon. I was pushing it pretty hard doing 80-90 kph, in 3rd at around 2800 rpm up the hills. I thought I smelled something, but I also could have just farted :p
No lights ever came on, but I'm sure without the aftermarket tranny cooler they probably would have.

Thanks for the vids. Sure brings back memories. Would like to go back one day but next time with a solid axle maybe.

ham

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom