Rubithon Committee Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am starting this thread so Rubithon Committee members are alerted that the committee registration form is available on the Rubithon web site. Notice the new pay options including individual items for any passengers.

Rubithon: the official TLCA event

For other committee type questions, please contact me directly at Rubithon@tlca.org or my peronal email.

Start getting your trucks put back together. Don't forget gloves for passengers.

thanks!

ya, but the only pic I have of you is on your side! Didn't want to scare anyone off...

Ha-Funny, I was wondering how Dave Thomas' rig went from green to tan.

Your new website is quite nice. Kudos to whoever did it for you.

Looking forward to June!!!

Hey,Tony
Do committee people also get a sweat shirt or is it an extra cost ?

Dion... you'll find comm folks don't get anything but grief. :)

Friday morning Committee Needed

Hey all...

We are looking for experienced folks who would want to lead the Friday morning group straight thru to the Springs. Trail lead and two others in support.

FYI in case you know anyone who is coming in Friday and would be interested in leading.

thanks!

Tony

I am starting this thread so Rubithon Committee members are alerted that the committee registration form is available on the Rubithon web site. Notice the new pay options including individual items for any passengers.

Rubithon: the official TLCA event

For other committee type questions, please contact me directly at Rubithon@tlca.org or my peronal email.

Start getting your trucks put back together. Don't forget gloves for passengers.

thanks!

This link works for Comm Reg:
http://www.rubithon.com/pdf/Rubithon2008_comm_reg-form.pdf

committee leads and folks... please be sure to register by the end of May. It is bad enough with the amount of late registrations, but we don't need our committee folks in that mix. Get them registered.

Geoff is working with Bruce to secure the radio channel info. Geoff will mail you your committee packets containing insurance forms, safety checklists, radio and emergency channel info, and your Free to Keep Rubithon committee magnets around the 1st week in June. Your attendance lists will be emailed by me around the 1st week of June, and then a final list directly before you depart to the trail. Let me know if leaving early so I can ensure you have a current list. This way, you'll have your committee stuff in hand (Don't forget it at home) and a final list at the last moment, to ensure the most current.

Drop me a note if additional Qs... and thanks!

committee leads... expect your preliminary run list on Monday via email. I will also post the attendee list on the web site for everyone to see.

I am cutting off the Friday run due to committee changes. I want to keep this group small and ensure they make it into the springs Friday night. Todd Richards and Leon Daniels have stepped up and volunteered.

I am cutting off the FJ Cruiser run at 10 trucks. I think we have captured the folks who really want to go, and again, want to keep this group small and extremely mobile (read keep them moving). We have good trucks in this group, and good attitudes by the drivers. I am reminding the Trail Leaders that they need to pull over Thursday morning and let Big Jim's group pass.

I am cutting off the Thursday at 7 group with Big Jim because this group is full. MTA is attending rubithon and is part of Big Jim's group, even they will run unassisted in their own pack. They will pass the FJ Cruiser group either while they are still camped or along the trail. They will sail past buck and keep moving right into the springs. This group is large and allowing them to keep moving will help everyone.

Bruce Shoff is assembling the radio and emergency info. He will have that to Geoff who will be sending your committee packets very soon. Expect your final run list via email and not in the stuff Geoff sends.

Camp committee will hitting the trail early this year and be in the springs by Wednesday for sure. Bob has his team assembled and they will be setting up the bear cage and putting up tarps Wed and Thursday.
Bob and his crew will be camping behind the kitchen area along with Terri and JimH. I'd like to ask everyone else not to camp there, unless you check and with Bob, and more importantly, you will not be driving your truck anywhere! We cannot have traffic going in and out through the kitchen area.

I'll be pulling meal and shirt counts Sunday. At this point, and feeling ornery, I will not be accepting much after that cut off. We will have a few extra meals and quite a few extra shirts but hoping we can stem the tide of late registrations (which has been killing us over the years).

Finally, Committee awards and appreciation is Friday night around 7 or 7:30 in the springs. All committee is requested to be present, and any general attendee can attend and show their appreciation. This is really where I want to say thanks to you personally, and Dave and I have something special for you. I think we'll do some more Lets Make a Rubithon Deal and ideally have a few good laughs before... MBar!

You'll be hearing from me soon! Thanks! Tony

Tony,

Did you get my emails about meals/shirts?

Trail Committee... I have sent an email about a trail committee teleconference for this Sunday, June 8th at 5 PM Pacific time. I sent it out to many, but mainly need trail leaders, although entire team is welcome to call in. If you are trail leader and cannot attend, ensure one of your team members can and does.

thanks!

Yes Pete, got your note.

Great, talk to you then.

Nice job Tony, it sounds like the best Rubithon ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom