RTIC Coolers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-Premium-Jumbo-Tote-Gray/188204328

Lots cheaper
297937d2-d839-4566-8e44-ebbdee310ddb_1.a4aa8bc374f46ac487f8bcc2c5d12b04.jpeg

Well, damn. I just picked up an RTIC-40 on an Amazon deal for $100 and I thought that was reasonable. It seems to be well made and will replace the Coleman Cube we were using. Handles and tie-down points look similar - the RTIC has short grab handles on the ends as well. The RTIC is a little bit boxier looking than that Ozark Trail model. This is the model I got.
Rtic40-1.jpg
Rtic40-2.jpg

I will likely pick up the backpack model of the Ozark trail one. I really need a backpack cooler for off road tech inspection:)

I've got the rtic and OT soft-sided coolers. They seem to be equal in insulation abilities. The Rtic is a little bulkier.

Reviews say the Ozark Trail leaks water if tipped. I doubt a leaky cooler holds temps well.

Well, damn. I just picked up an RTIC-40 on an Amazon deal for $100 and I thought that was reasonable. It seems to be well made and will replace the Coleman Cube we were using. Handles and tie-down points look similar - the RTIC has short grab handles on the ends as well. The RTIC is a little bit boxier looking than that Ozark Trail model. This is the model I got.
View attachment 1508118 View attachment 1508119

$100, damn that's a good deal. I was seeing $160. I guess I'll need to wait if prices fluctuate that much.

The next best cooler appears to be a Polar Bear, but similar size to the RTIC 40 is $200. Looks like I'll be getting an RTIC soft cooler, but will be waiting for a deal.

My OT doesn't leak, but it has started fraying around the zipper. I've got 12" strings hanging out now. I've had the RTIC longer, with no appreciable wear.

Anybody have experience with RTI Coolers? They look just like the Yeti cooler but are half the price. Wondering if they are as good. They seem to compare pretty well based on their website.
Friends of ours have the RTIC 45 TAN https://goo.gl/W82Lp1 got it much cheaper than the Yeti cooler :) Yes, looks very much like the Yeti. They are very happy with the cooler. Apparently lots of satisfied customers, over 350 reviews with 4.5 stars :clap:

Just wanted share a recent experience with my RTIC 52 Ultra Lite cooler. Been using it for the past few months on a weekly bases. I travel for work and wanted to give this style cooler a shot. Cooler spends the day sitting in the truck. I keep it cold with those inexpensive freezer packs. I opened it mid day for lunch, probably several hundred feet above sea level(if that). Closed it and headed down to the water(strait of Juan de Fuca). Couldn’t believe it, the cooler had created a vacuum and I was unable to open it. Had to unscrew the drain plug to equalize the pressure. Kind of tripped me out at first. No way was the seal that great. We’ll I’m sold and impressed with the design.

1. Cup-wise, I have two metal ones I bought from the Toyota Land Cruiser Association. Have held ice overnight in the house in summer, in the car all day, and sat in the sun: drinks were still icy and the outside was warm to the touch!
2. One year in an early elk camp, the two cooks were friends of mine who were Fire Captains for their "regular" jobs. Brought fire shields to store perishable=lasted for a week in 80-90 degree weather!

Iwanted share a recent experience with my RTIC 52 Ultra Lite cooler. Been using it for the past few months on a weekly bases. I travel for work and wanted to give this style cooler a shot. Cooler spends the day sitting in the truck. I keep it cold with those inexpensive freezer packs. I opened it mid day for lunch, probably several hundred feet above sea level(if that). Closed it and headed down to the water(strait of Juan de Fuca). Couldn’t believe it, the cooler had created a vacuum and I was unable to open it. Had to unscrew the drain plug to equalize the pressure. Kind of tripped me out at first. No way was the seal that great. We’ll I’m sold and impressed with the design.
I just ordered one of these this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom