rough rear end (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
sup playboys? got a problem, no bigy (biggy smalls yo) anyhow here it is.

rear in runs a little ruff, got 32' on and a 2 inch shakle lift with new HD springs that give lift also. had them on for about a year and the roughness grew very subtly. i now run a party boat and have to carry 300lbs of beer every few days. today was my first. the weight og the beer lowered the rear in by about 2' and the roughness went away. i know what the problem is now, but i do not know how to fix it. anyone know how to smooth this out.

i'm 22, in college, and i get all the free beer i want. i like to call that, a recipe (can't spell) for disaster.

thanks in advance.

Sounds like not enough weight for the stiff springs. Loosen the shackle bolts a little, maybe remove the bottom leaf from the pack. Of course you could just carry 300 lbs. of beer around all the time, that would work too. ;)

Just let your girlfriend sit in back! :D

long shot here, but I'll tell you how i got my ride a lot smoother. It was someone's recomendation on here. the ride on my original fj60 springs were mad rough. i jacked up the rear end by the frame rails to get all the weight off the springs and then packed axle grease between the leafs. I could not belive how much better the ride was. I dont think that will slove your problem, but it might.

Yo, homes:

If you mean that it vibrates, chances are with the extended shackles and lift that 3rd member pinion flange is not parallel to the transfer case output flange. Check the angle on a flat surface with a magnetic angle finder and adjust the angle if necessary with shims under the spring perches.

The most likely couse of the problem is the extended Shackles. :flipoff2: When you put the 300lbs. of Beer in the Back, It brought the rear down and the Shackles to a more respectable angle. - Also helps with the Pinion Angle. ;)

spring perches?... and now i am going to have to but the diff. out to put in the proper shims. i work a lot better if you just say for example, (u-joints) the 4 pronged thing that you have at the end of your drive shafts. spring perches where my spings bolt up?

oh, about my girl, that was a good. i refuse to write the laugh out laud.

some thought, and i understand you now pin head. that makes some sense. only whre do i get the shims, can i make do (fabricate) or can i buy some some place? and won't putting in the shims pull that little nock on the springs away from the plate that holds them in?

I just bought 6 degree shims from TPILandcruiser for around 25.00 or so. Checkout their website. Great service and seemed well informed as to the quirks of the Land Cruiser.

They're in Tenn by the way.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom