Rough country shocks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Gang,
Just installed a 4" rough country lift, slightly used, and I need to get a set of shocks for it. The website is not very helpful. Any idea on what I should get, I'm not looking for anything fancy just something that's decent and will fit. Thanks for the help!

Call them the guy is very helpful. I have the n2.0 on my 74/40 and the ride and control is good on road. Haven't gotten it off road yet. I also have the steering stableizer from them as well. I paid 210ish or (175 just shocks) shipped and the fast service is great if there's a problem, he will do every thing he can do to fix it. Great vender!!

I installed a 4" rough country on my 73 FJ40 last year. At the same time, I did the Ford front shock tower conversion (very inexpensive and highly recommended).
These are the measurements of the shocks that came with my lift.
Rear 16 compressed and 23 extended
Front 15.5 compressed and 25.5 extended

I after the lift and before but before I put the shocks on, I did a quick flex limit test with my skid steer. This is what I came up with (35 inch tires)...
Rear 18 min, 21 max
Front 17 min, 25.5 max

Because the shocks that came with the lift fit within my needs I used them, but if I was to just buy shocks, I would go with a good set of bilsteins instead of rough country shocks.

I also took several leafs out of that lift. I dont remember what came from where, but now I have 4 leafs in the front and 5 in the rear.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom