ROTM: February 2009 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Holy hell it's quiet inside the cab. I have a 40 series on mine and it's definitely not that quiet.

One thing I never thought I'd see in a 60 series cruiser, a radar detector. I NEED my h55 to get here, :lol:

Before Sound deadening you could not hold a conversation with the passenger without yelling over the engine, gear wine, misc noises. It made a HUGE difference. I have one spot on my pass rear tire well where I didnt get it all covered and I am always looking back there thinking one of my kids left the window open because of the road noise. You will Love the 5 speed and wonder how you lived without it.

Great rig Smokey. It's really interesting to see how many similarities there are between our rigs...TEQ shifter, TEQ sticker in exactly the same spot on the glovebox, tuffy, our desmog is even very similar..etc. Love your seats though, they look comfy! You've done a great job.

I noticed your dizzy vent line headed to the aircleaner...is that working out okay?

Apparently ( and this is what I have been told) that is how they are non-usa. I have zero problems from it. I also see you have wagongear tailgate storage. I am installing mine tonight. So I guess the similarities continue. I really like your roof rack too. :hmm:

Apparently ( and this is what I have been told) that is how they are non-usa. I have zero problems from it. I also see you have wagongear tailgate storage. I am installing mine tonight. So I guess the similarities continue. I really like your roof rack too. :hmm:

The tailgate lid is a breeze...just make sure to keep the opening lever rod tensioner intact (its on the top/out side of the hole you will cut on the driverside. It keeps the rod from making annoying rattle sounds. My biggest trouble was using a cutting disk w/o a guard and it kicking back and giving me a nice gouge on the knuckle but otherwise...piece of cake.

..just make sure to keep the opening lever rod tensioner intact (its on the top/out side of the hole you will cut on the driverside. It keeps the rod from making annoying rattle sounds.

oh no .. it's to late now adam..

Very nice!!!

..just make sure to keep the opening lever rod tensioner intact (its on the top/out side of the hole you will cut on the driverside. It keeps the rod from making annoying rattle sounds.

oh no .. it's to late now adam..

Yeah that sucker is long gone. Well it will add to noise the speedo makes and all the other symphony of sounds when I go over bumps.

Great job Adam! Looks fantastic!

At the last UC meet, IndianDoc pulled up and wondered where you were. While I took it as a compliment toward my 62, I still got kinda pissed 'cause he insulted your 60.:p

My 62 looks good from way over there. Your 60 is spotless from all angles!

Hope to see you again soon!

Shoulda checked mud before. Oh well. I havent noticed any vibrations yet from it.

That would work. I think I have some pipe insulator that could be cut down. What did you line the inside of your tailgate with?

Greatness

Having seen this rig on several occasions, and knowing the owner. I can truly say this is one of the nicest FJ's on the planet and the owner is a stand up kind of guy. Both rig and owner are top's on my list. Good on ya!!! Give the kid's and wife a hug from Doc.

Great job Adam! Looks fantastic!

At the last UC meet, IndianDoc pulled up and wondered where you were. While I took it as a compliment toward my 62, I still got kinda pissed 'cause he insulted your 60.:p

My 62 looks good from way over there. Your 60 is spotless from all angles!

Hope to see you again soon!

Ah grasshopper a compliment to you was not a slur to the other, just the fact that this old fart did not look close enough to see the details. I was just happy to maybe see an old friend!! Alais he could not make that meeting, but I did meet more friends, and next time I will look a little closer :cheers: And **** can't 3 pits cook, still smile thinking about that get together.

Thanks for the kind words Doc. I am thinking of breaking the cherry on the 7th going up to the holy land. I am going to get an extra coat of wax to help combat the carolina racing stripes ;) Looking forward to coming out and seeing your progress on BT :beer::beer::beer:

Ok I just tracked my shipment from Jim at SROR- My rear bumper will be here tomorrow. So it took about about 4 months, thats ok. I also need to get some pics up of the rear storage from Wagongear. I told myself that is all for awhile, but man it is hard to stop.

Your rig makes me feel like a bad person for not treating mine better, but also gives me solace to know that it will still be here for future generations to enjoy. When you die, you should leave it to the Smithsonian.

"Grandpa, what's that parked next to those dinosaur bones?"
"Sweety, that's an FJ60. It was from a different time when men were men, cars didn't fly unless you jumped them."

Of course that whole conversation is in Chinese because China owns us in the future.

Ok I just tracked my shipment from Jim at SROR- My rear bumper will be here tomorrow. So it took about about 4 months, thats ok. I also need to get some pics up of the rear storage from Wagongear. I told myself that is all for awhile, but man it is hard to stop.

It's going to look pretty badass after that bumper gets put on. Make sure to post pics!

Which panels did you buy from Kevin? Just the tailgate or did you get quarters as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom