Roof Rack Discontinued? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, My 1998 100 took a limb to the roof, and smashed the drivers side roof rack rail ( $1,700 damage not including roof rack ). My body shop told me the roof rack was no longer available? I find this hard to believe since a 98 to 07 will work. I don't know how my insurance company plans on handling this, but I've been thinking about using whatever they give me for the rack, and buying a JD2 bender and make my own.

If you are referring to the stock roof rack.. I'm sure you can find one for cheap, or free. I have one I would be willing to part with, shoot me a PM if you are interested. However, to get a proper quote, call a local dealer, and try to get the amount if available for insurance purposes.

If they give you a ton, you can consider upgrading to a nicer aftermarket rack from ARB, Front Runner, Gamviti, etc.

If the parts are disco the prices are deleted.

However there are several 100 owners here with new roof racks and would make you a fair deal on their take off.

Shane

The roof rack is not the same for all 100 model years. Just figured I throw that out there. I'm too lazy to look up what year it changed but I would assume 2003-2004. I have an 06 and my roof rack is longer than yours.

The roof rack is not the same for all 100 model years. Just figured I throw that out there. I'm too lazy to look up what year it changed but I would assume 2003-2004. I have an 06 and my roof rack is longer than yours.
It's not the size of the rack, it's what you... uh... uh...nevamind... :whoops::censor::ban:

Thanks to all, I'm waiting to see what my insurance company will do. I may be contacting one of you for a stock rack.

If the parts are disco the prices are deleted.

However there are several 100 owners here with new roof racks and would make you a fair deal on their take off.

Shane

I just figured out you are the designer of LabRak. I like this rack. Are the holes on the outside of the mount used for accessories?

I don't know if it's true or not by my local dealer told me that 1998-2000 or maybe 2001 roof racks were dealer installed items. I was trying to get the tension knob for one and it wasn't available.

I don't know if it's true or not by my local dealer told me that 1998-2000 or maybe 2001 roof racks were dealer installed items. I was trying to get the tension knob for one and it wasn't available.
Port installed, I thought? Did you just buy a 100?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom