Roof LEAKING!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have 93 FZJ80 and have a new problem, a leak that started today. I washed it yesterday and did not notice but we got some rain after I washed and again while out in it today. The first drops came in when I stopped and then quit. While out it poured for a few minutes while at restaurant got back in after the rain, first stop, water again. It is dripping through the headliner at a seam in the fabric just above the Oh S--t Bar on the passenger side, it is on the pillar not above the door. Where could this possibly be coming from? It does have a sunroof but I can see or feel no water anywhere around it.

Thanks.

Windshield seal? There's a lot of leak info if you try a quick search.

hth

Or sunroof drain tubes might be clogged....search like MoJ said...lots of info. Do you hear water in your rocker panels?

Last edited:
OK bin there ,done that ITs your sun roof seal ,,, rub VASELINE on all the rubber seals in and out.. LET me guess your in a hot climate... My 80 was from CAL ..AND the first rain storm leaked like a sieve... THE VASELINE well renew the rubber and reseal the sun roof ... let me know Craig

Should you use Vaseline on a rubber-based product? I seem to recall that Vaseline has petroleum and would adversely affect and even detroy some rubber-based products.

I agree about the vaseline maybe hurting the rubber, at least that's what they told us in health class in high school.

I used to use a rubber conditioner designed for brake cylinder rubber pieces. Probably some sort of silicone base, but I don't have the bottle any more.

After reading old posts and responses.... I can only find two holes that might possibly be a drain for the sunroof and both are way bigger than a paper clip, about diameter of pencil. I ran some thin wire into them over 2 feet and still leaking. After researching leak posts here I discovered I now have the leaks in the rear below the sliding windows leaking into both quarter panels and making carpet damp exactly as described by others. CDan mentioned some foam on some "clips" that "fail" but I have no idea where they are or what he is talking about. Mentioned something about "belt moulding" What is that???

Yes I am in a hot area... AL.

There are plugs under rocker panels on both sides. You can pull the plugs out to drain.

The Vaseline was to losen the rubber and then wash it off once its softened up ! and yes this is the point.. M2C...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom