Rock Chef III (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alvarorb

Color Geek in Charge
Threads
Website
www.arb-digital.com
This summer, once again Rock Chef will putting pots and pans in 4Lo and head up the mountains. If you're interested in becoming the next Rock Chef or want to see your fellow Land Cruiser rock wheelers friends turn into creative kitchen masters, this is for you.

The competition will take place on Friday June 26th at 7:00 pm. Participants have 90 minutes to come up with two savory dishes, plus one dessert and a beverage based on a secret ingredient. The secret ingredient will be revealed the previous Monday on this thread. This will give teams enough time for to get their ingredients and recipes ready for Friday evening's showdown.

There will be a panel of 4 judges, plus the Eric Agee, the new chairman for Rubithon. The rules are pretty much the same as last year. Each entry will be judged in 3 categories. The categories are: Taste, Presentation, & Originality. Taste will have a scale of 1 to 5 points. While presentation and originality will max out at 3 points. The wining team will be the one who is able to score the greater amount of points.

Like before, each team will have its own name and maximum of 3 members. There will be a maximum of 5 teams. Each team must provide all their ingredients, including the secret ingredient, plus all their cooking equipment. Each team will bring their own setup (Cooking table, stove, grill, cookware, lights, ETC). Plus 7" dessert plates, used to serve their creations to the judges.

There will be a $20 signup fee per judge and per team. All teams must sign up by May 30th and fees are due on on the morning of the event. The wining team gets to keep 100% of the signup fees. In the event of a draw, the prize will be divided evenly between the wining teams. A simple toss of a coin will define who gets the prize. BTW, we're looking for sponsors for this event. Judges are responsible for their own silverware.

If you are interested in competing or sponsoring please PM me with your team's name and members. If you know someone who should be a judge, PM me and tell me why, just because she's your wife or girlfriend, mom, ex, ETC, ETC does not qualify. I wanna a story to tell the day of the event. Judges will be chosen from your replies and the available pool of people the day of the event.[

Last edited:
Looking forward to being a judge again. We have some amazingly talented chefs in our midsts!

As an added reason to compete, Metal Tech 4x4 will be giving the Champions specially designed shirts to show off their feat. Better get your hat in the ring soon, for the 30th Annual event, we will be doing a Champion of Champions event. Only past winners will be able to compete and that is one event you will not want to miss out on!

I'd like to thank Alvaro for sharing his great idea and all the work he puts into making it a success.

Good luck and start your menu planning!

With less than a month for Rubithon to start we are turning our gears on the secret ingredient for this year's Rock Chef.
Some people have ask to have bacon to be the secret ingredient once more. But we've done that already. Tequila has been mentioned too, but we want to be a little more imaginative than that. Rest assured Rock Chef 15 will be one to remember.

Team Update
We have three confirmed teams signed up. Remember to private message me if you want to compete or judge. We still have space available. Ross will be happy to hear that Mr. Lee and his pal Pablo will not be there this year.

Good luck!

Alvaro

There's a prize and $$

Any news on the mystery ingredient yet??!!

WildTurbacon.jpg

To give the teams more time to prepare, I'm revealing the secret ingredient today: Pork!
A dream come true for many. Please make it creative. Chocolate covered bacon for desert is not good enough.
Good luck and I hope to see you all on the trail soon.

DOH!
dood.

Dood

who won?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom