road trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all
Just about to head out on a nice little road trip from salt lake to nrothern washington. bellingham to be precise. I have been trying to go over all of the things that could possiblly fail on the way.
1. fan belts. current seems ok but have oem spares in the back.
2. jsut rebuilt the front axle 3 months ago
3. new thermostat, coolant drain and fill and new fan clutch
4. oil is only 2k old will change once I get there.
for the record I am still running the 92 (yes Junk some of us love our old 3fe's) 167k on the ticker and 33" bfg all terrains wich are about a month old.
I will be pulling about a 2000# uhaul trailer full of tools, oh and my wifes clothes. You gotta love corporate relocation they move all hte hard s*** and I get to move all of the easy stuff.
I am jsut trying to prepare for what could go wrong before I go. alos BTW I am leaving friday morning (05-30-03)
thanks all in advance.
Dave :beer:

Dave I did the same drive in December when I bought my 80 in SLC and drove it home. Enjoy, it';s a nice drive and maybe you can get that old 3FE up to 75 downhill into Idaho. Took me under 15 hours driving time. I recommend you go via Yakima as it's faster and less traffic but the pass is a bit of a grind... FYI, I overnighted in Ontario, Oregon right after Boise which was a good thing as it turned out it is pretty much the last place with a motel until the Columbia...

Check your spare, and make sure you have the jack handle extensions to drop it.

Also, remember there's a cruiser assistance club list on this site in case you need it.

Looks like the only thing you need is a good collection of music!

I'd check all the fluid levels before you go, but other than that you sound A-OK.

....and those of us with the 3FE just get more time to enjoy the view instead of wizzing by at 85mph!

Have a good trip!

-H-

-H-

Why is it that barristers and doctors "practice"? :ugh:

Is there some hidden meaning there? :dunno:

'I prefer' to be assisted after the practice session is over. ::)

Oh heck Dave, forgot about you. Sounds like you're good to go.........just follow the few tidbits above. Have a safe journey.....

&nbsp:Dan :beer:

Dave,
The only things I would add to your list would be some 5/8" heater hose (approx 4') and a set of the radiator hoses.

Hoses, belts, and tyres are the things that have stopped me in the past, though the last time I got stranded was a bad top radiator hose in 1973. Warped both heads on a V8 Ford on that trip and blew a weeks vacation trying to get it fixed and get out of Louisiana. That sucked.

-B-

Hey everybody, Semlin got his avatar working!!!
-B-

wulf man, just because you didn't like my old custom avatar is no reason to say it was broken. Change is good though ;) I do still have to update my tag line. Give me a month or two.

-B-

That was a shameless pad ::)...............Like this one 8)

BTW I think he had it working over the weekend....... :dunno:

At least mine was three lines and contained an edit.......... :slap:

You have to keep "practicing" because the law changes depending upon which judge you're in front of. Even if you know you are correct legally, sometimes (much like today for me...) you still don't get a judge to go along with it.

For instance, today I had a judge rule that the corporate account of a business can be garnished for the personal debt of a shareholder... WTF!

That means that if a deadbeat owns stock in AOL, a creditor can garnish the corporate bank account of AOL for the debt. NO DAMNIT! It doesn't work that way.

Lower court judges drive me nuts some days. You see, yes, we could appeal this, but that would cost my client another $2K, and then we would just be in the position of having to collect fees/costs from some deadbeat!

Rant off. You had to get me started today didn't you C-Dan...

Have fun on your trip Dave!

-H-

Dave,
though the last time I got stranded was a bad top radiator hose in 1973. Warped both heads on a V8 Ford on that trip and blew a weeks vacation trying to get it fixed and get out of Louisiana. That sucked.
-B-
Damn B, we should start calling you daddy B cause you're showing your age. Heck, you're likely old enough to be Wench's father :flipoff2: :D

Dave - just take the BFH. If it dies, just smack it around. :D

Junk,
I know how old YOU are and I'm old enough to be your Daddy (heck, I may even be your Daddy.)

-B-
(Shameless Wrench pad)

Beowulf,

Whoa! Junk is old enough to be my Dad. Should I just call you Grandpa?

You can call me GrandPa,
or you can call me B.
You can call me Beo,
or you can call me Mr B.
You can call me Beowulf,
or you can call me 'Wulf,
but you dazzn't have to call me Johnson!

-B-
(If you don't get it then you don't watch SNL reruns.)

>> If you don't get it then you don't watch SNL reruns.

What really concerns me, is that I remember the originals. I once tried smoking a cigar like that - took me a week...

R -

Ron,
If you saw the episodes live then you can't be considered a IH8MUD Junior. :G
-B-

B -

Ummm... let's see, the last time I spoke to Beowulf, Grendel had just eaten his entire traveling party... that was about 732 A.D., if I remember correctly...

R -

Ron,

>> Grendel had just eaten his entire traveling party... <<

And Grendel paid dearly for that transgression .... :)

-B-

Did you make it up here yet? It's going to be nice this week, but don't let that fool you...it really does rain up here :G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom