rising sun's annual father's day spring creek run...aka spring creek 1, ige 0 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nuclearlemon

not an addict
Threads
did our annual run up spring creek...had a nice turnout. don, a member with a sami was along with his daughther and her sami, but her's was having battery issues, so she left it at the meeting point and rode with him in his.

a few made it up the first obstacle, when don tried and rolled :eek: ...i came up after him, got slammed into a TREEROOT ( :flipoff2: ) and crunched my rear 1/4...couldn't get it started after that, just figured it was the extreme angle (all i could see out the windshield was hood...no sky, no dirt, no people...just hood.)

got it to a more level spot, still wouldn't start...tried wd40...no go, so a customer of mine who was up there wheeling winched me most of the way, until we determined that my 60 was too much for his jeep to handle and he and farnham double teamed me (sounds kinky, doesn't it...too bad i ain't smiling :flipoff2: ) once up top, we figured fuel was vacuum locked somewhere and popped the fuel cap...gurgle, gurgle, and all was good.

by now, most of the main group was gone, but uncle ben and kipper caught up, so i, and the last guy in our group, nick, continued on with him. we weren't far along, when nick had to bug because he kept overheating. a bit more up the trail, kipper also decided that he needed to do something about a constant overheating issue (kipper...you get all that moab cottan out of your rad yet? :flipoff2: ), so he took his hood off and we made it about fifty more yards before finding don broke down with fuel delivery issues. while helping him, kipper calls up and said he can't get the 62 started. i tried to go around don's sami to get to a pulloff and my wagon dies and won't start ...AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!

uncle ben gets kipper started, but no one knows why, we determine that my fuel pump is giving up the ghost and doesn't have enough ooommmpphhhh to handle uphills anymore, and they believe don may have something in his tank that's getting sucked down and covering up the fuel supply line.

i turned back before they got don running, helped a few people at another obstacle and reassured a stock open wrangler that he was wise in thinking he should follow me down. while picking up trash, don met up with me and i made it home, i hope don did too.

hopefully zepp, uncle ben, red chili, or someone can fill everyone in on how the rest of the trail went.

p.s. hey treeroot...is the right side 1/4 on the junker 60 any good...i may buy it from ya :doh:
P6190001.JPG
P6190005.JPG
P6190010.JPG

pics of my carnage...ouch....

i'm sure it'll pop right out... :doh: :flipoff2:
P6190020.JPG
P6190021.JPG
P6190022.JPG

DOH... FAWKING Treeroots!! I had my fill of them this week. I was on the fence about going and I seem to think I made wise choice with that first obstacle. I really don't want something like that on the 70.

Sounds like an eventful run.

I was playing by ear on going. I have put in abouy 70 hours at work this week so I was going to decide by when I woke up. Looks like a good thing I slept in.

I hope you can get you fuel door open

fuel door opens just fine...that's how we got it started the first time was by opening the fuel cap to break the vacuum...didn't even break my pretty windows :D

What is it with you guys and lights these days? First Wes now you? Other than the carnagefrom Don and the few other issues, looks like a fun run. Glad to see the Red Chili back on the trail. Did Nick ever figure out his overheating problems??

bh4rnnr said:
Did Nick ever figure out his overheating problems??
not that i know of...he just boogied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom