Ridies seat leather replacement warranty? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@JimSoCal, did @Ridies ever sort this out for you? I am getting ready to purchase and they seem to be one of the lower cost full leather options, but this is an obvious turn-off.
@Ridies customer service is next to non-existent. I received the samples, found that Light tan was the closest to my Ivory (almost perfect under any light conditions), ordered the nappa leather with wrinkles. Received the seats in 3 weeks just to find out that the actual seats they sent are somewhat a different color - darker and more grayish. See the pics - the square is the sample they sent laying on the Ridies seat cover with the Lexus original covers on top of the pics. They never responded to my emails and a call. Had to open case with Paypal, now they responded that the color might differ from batch to batch. Once can say I am picky, but I've made my decision to buy not-OEM covers based on the samples provided, but what is the purpose of sending the samples if they are not matching the product?

20230904_211026.jpg

20230904_210734.jpg

@Ridies customer service is next to non-existent. I received the samples, found that Light tan was the closest to my Ivory (almost perfect under any light conditions), ordered the nappa leather with wrinkles. Received the seats in 3 weeks just to find out that the actual seats they sent are somewhat a different color - darker and more grayish. See the pics - the square is the sample they sent laying on the Ridies seat cover with the Lexus original covers on top of the pics. They never responded to my emails and a call. Had to open case with Paypal, now they responded that the color might differ from batch to batch. Once can say I am picky, but I've made my decision to buy not-OEM covers based on the samples provided, but what is the purpose of sending the samples if they are not matching the product?

View attachment 3433023

View attachment 3433024
Color is too far off for sure.

I'm just starting to reserach for replacement of the front two seats. Thanks for the feedback!

View attachment 3433023

View attachment 3433024

Thanks. Yea, I decided I did not feel the best about the offering and nonexistent warranty so I went with Mosley Motors which is run by @FJ60Cam. Ordered last week and already headed my way. From reading on the forum it sounds like it is Roadwire leather just not sold under that name. I got first and second row for only a couple hundred more than the Ridies Nappa product.

My ridies seat covers are only 3 years old and I'm already looking for a replacement for the bottom of the drivers seat. It's already cracking. They have a three year warranty so we'll see if they honor it.

My ridies seat covers are only 3 years old and I'm already looking for a replacement for the bottom of the drivers seat. It's already cracking. They have a three year warranty so we'll see if they honor it.
Mmhmm.. can you share a pic of how it looks now? 3 yrs isn’t long, maybe LA humidity and sudden rains didn’t help. I’m in FL so same weather, one minute it’s burning next it’s a diluvial rain.

And I know you guys are thinking it. No, I weigh a steady 165 pounds +/- 5.
I am solid 225+ and now am worried abt their longevity:(

Same, I almost went perforated but my wife didn’t like the look. I saw some describe it as connect the dots.

I got a set of samples from Ridies for my GX. The "light tan" is a perfect match for the OEM seats. A week or so after I got the samples Ridies emailed me to ask how they looked...I replied they were great, but said I'm a couple of months off from ordering and asked for a heads-up if they were going to raise the price, since I'm going to knock these out as a "snow day" project in Jan/Feb. What followed was a rather snide string of emails from Ridies stating prices will rise with out warning, they can't give me any heads up, their prices are already low, etc. Needless to say it left a bad taste in my mouth.

My OEM GX covers look horrible - debating just rolling the dice with a $350 set of LSeat covers or paying $550 for the Ridies which might be better quality but seem aren't guaranteed as such and has snide to nonexistent customer service. Given the labor involved in this job I really only want to do it once and don't want to rip the covers out 3 years from now.

I bought ridies after researching lSeat and others and about a year later am still very happy with them.

Thanks. Yea, I decided I did not feel the best about the offering and nonexistent warranty so I went with Mosley Motors which is run by @FJ60Cam. Ordered last week and already headed my way. From reading on the forum it sounds like it is Roadwire leather just not sold under that name. I got first and second row for only a couple hundred more than the Ridies Nappa product.
I did my first hundred in roadwire leather I found on eBay for 400 back in the day. It was the front two rows. It’s held up great over the years.

Can confirm Ridies will completely ghost you when it comes to warranty. Take home message is perforated does not hold up and Ridies customer service is total garbage.

Can confirm Ridies will completely ghost you when it comes to warranty. Take home message is perforated does not hold up and Ridies customer service is total garbage.
I was doing some more Googling and found a detailed record of the same type of crappy experience on a Corvette forum.

Based on the snide emails I got from Ridies and the other evidence of warranty issues, I'm going to pony up $700 for a pair of leather (seating surface) / vinyl (everywhere else) seat covers from LeatherSeats.com. They are made in the USA and the company has great reviews and a 3-year warranty. I got a set of samples from them and they also have a perfect match, although the actual leather itself didn't appear much different than the Ridies leather. Perhaps the worksmanship is better.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom