SOLD Richmond, VA: 1FZ-FE (CORE) and A343 Transmission - Pickup Strongly Preferred (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
  2. LX450
These are not yet pulled, but will be in late March / April and thought I might test the waters to see if there is any interest in them.

The engine is a 1FZ-FE out of a LX450 swapped into a 97 Land Cruiser about 16 years ago. Mileage on the engine is at least 180k, but likely much more. Of its variety of issues, it most certainly has a broken rod and next to zero compression. A true core that would need a complete overhaul, but maybe the accessories still have some value. I'll need to scavenge from the wiring harness, so that won't be included.

I believe, but really not certain, that the transmission is original to the truck (so 300k miles). I only drove it about 80 miles from POs house to my own (rod broke at about 77 miles into the trip). I will need to keep the transfer case and adapter/extension housing for my torfab conversion kit. Here is a video of how it sounds: .

I'm sure I am missing some details about things I'll need to keep in a swap, so if there's any doubt about some specific component, let's chat and I may not be sure until I've got the new engine + trans hooked up.

I am not sure if these have any value to anyone within a reasonable distance, but please let me know. Will entertain any reasonable offer, which may just be a case of beer and willingness to take these off my hands.

I would be interested if you’re willing to ship, I only need the engine. I have shipped a couple and building a crate of a pallet is fairly easy. Let me know thanks Wes

These are not yet pulled, but will be in late March / April and thought I might test the waters to see if there is any interest in them.

The engine is a 1FZ-FE out of a LX450 swapped into a 97 Land Cruiser about 16 years ago. Mileage on the engine is at least 180k, but likely much more. Of its variety of issues, it most certainly has a broken rod and next to zero compression. A true core that would need a complete overhaul, but maybe the accessories still have some value. I'll need to scavenge from the wiring harness, so that won't be included.

I believe, but really not certain, that the transmission is original to the truck (so 300k miles). I only drove it about 80 miles from POs house to my own (rod broke at about 77 miles into the trip). I will need to keep the transfer case and adapter/extension housing for my torfab conversion kit. Here is a video of how it sounds: .

I'm sure I am missing some details about things I'll need to keep in a swap, so if there's any doubt about some specific component, let's chat and I may not be sure until I've got the new engine + trans hooked up.

I am not sure if these have any value to anyone within a reasonable distance, but please let me know. Will entertain any reasonable offer, which may just be a case of beer and willingness to take these off my hands.

Hey I’m in Raleigh and can come up there with beer. I’m in need of the trans but I can probably help ship the engine to Wes if need be.

Hey I’m in Raleigh and can come up there with beer. I’m in need of the trans but I can probably help ship the engine to Wes if need be.

Well this sounds like a more optimal solution than scrapping it.

@brm2993 i was thinking about pulling it next weekend (mar 8 / 9). Would that work for you? Would you be willing to trade taking the engine off my hands (and shipping to @Fj80oregon presumably) in exchange for the trans?

@Fj80oregon the engine is in rough shape. Let me send you some pictures to make sure you want it. Would you pay for shipping (zip in Richmond is 23226 - Raleigh is 27513 or thereabout)?

Yes I’ll cover shipping, no problem. Some pictures would be great. Thanks!

Thanks for offering to help out maybe we can save this 1fz and give it. Anew life in someone’s rig.

Well this sounds like a more optimal solution than scrapping it.

@brm2993 i was thinking about pulling it next weekend (mar 8 / 9). Would that work for you? Would you be willing to trade taking the engine off my hands (and shipping to @Fj80oregon presumably) in exchange for the trans?

@Fj80oregon the engine is in rough shape. Let me send you some pictures to make sure you want it. Would you pay for shipping (zip in Richmond is 23226 - Raleigh is 27513 or thereabout)?
Sounds good to me. I have a load dock at work and the zip is 27615 if that works better.

Sounds good to me. I have a load dock at work and the zip is 27615 if that works better.

This all sounds great. Will follow with pictures and some details tomorrow.

If this falls through I am in Raleigh also and could use the engine - Would be a fun father son rebuild project. I happen to work in the same 27615 zip code

Here are some photos. Guessing the headgasket blew given all this oil. A bit of a mess. I have the top half of the air intake clamshell and bolts and will make sure that gets attached.

IMG_7581.jpeg

IMG_7580.jpeg

IMG_7579.jpeg

IMG_7578.jpeg

IMG_7577.jpeg

Looks great to me, it will get a full rebuild so no worries on the head gasket. As long as the engine turns by the crank bolt and it’s not full of water it will live again.

Looks great to me, it will get a full rebuild so no worries on the head gasket. As long as the engine turns by the crank bolt and it’s not full of water it will live again.

I think it meets those standards. Glad it will go to use.

Hurry up and get that pad poured so you can get that engine out!

Any movement on this how’s the pull going?

Any movement on this how’s the pull going?

Pulled it Thursday with help from a neighbor and his work truck, and I believe @brm2993 is coming up today from Raleigh to pick it up. I think he’ll be in touch with you about shipping the motor.

41B70ACE-3AD3-4A2C-A7AB-B3D6581CA854.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom