Rhino 4x4 Front Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pics after bumper cut and install
63563B68-38B6-43C0-BA2C-EA10F898A155.jpeg
BDF89153-C1E0-459C-9FAD-D80B497CE2ED.jpeg
9A5646D3-395A-43D6-8CCF-2E2E55AB075E.jpeg
CB88B482-A801-4E8A-9AA8-8441BC7A71C3.jpeg

Nice way to adapt and overcome. I look forward to the final product. Who did you buy the bumper from and what was the price?

Kudos to you! That’s a lot of work. I must say the pre-facelift would have been a better fit. Curious why the 2016+ bumper?
View attachment 2690034
Hi! Ok so first thing is the angle is sharper on the LX so it would not be a perfect fit anyways and the new version is a bit more squared.
I cut the bumper wrong. After I figured out how to do it and need to source a new one. Only need the top part.

but now I figured it out. When it is finalized will share the steps but this is how it is going. The center part is fine. Its the sides that need the rework

9CA04AA1-05C3-4557-BC89-B55574EFC235.jpeg

A15AC5C1-323A-4519-A498-91F29FEDCBC4.jpeg

Right on! I like how you color match your bar to your wheels.
Yes! Thanks. I think it looks good. And I am most likely going to make everything chrome same color.

and then still thinking about the back and tire carrier etc. seems like the rabbit hole is quite deep.

You never mentioned where you purchased it from!?

You never mentioned where you purchased it from!?
This is a Rhino 4x4 Bumper for a 16+ LC. You need to order it from Argentina. Ask for Paula. cheers

I can’t tell from the photo but what’s the clearance like between the bumper and headlights? My traditional bullbar flexes a bit and occasionally deflects the bumper skin out of the clips - would worry about your headlights.

I can’t tell from the photo but what’s the clearance like between the bumper and headlights? My traditional bullbar flexes a bit and occasionally deflects the bumper skin out of the clips - would worry about your headlights.
That is a good point. First thing is, I cut everything behind the body of the bumper so it is basically a flat piece of plastic. Second, i actually cut the tab on the headlights that supports the bumper. First thing to hit. Third their are metal support underneath each side that I actually pretensioned putting forward preasure.

now all that being said I was planning on moving it forward about 1/2 inch more but will leave that for another day. Also needs to move to
The right side about 1/4 inch.

by the way does your bumper move back or up?

besides physical contact with another object when else does it do that?

cheers

That is a good point. First thing is, I cut everything behind the body of the bumper so it is basically a flat piece of plastic. Second, i actually cut the tab on the headlights that supports the bumper. First thing to hit. Third their are metal support underneath each side that I actually pretensioned putting forward preasure.

now all that being said I was planning on moving it forward about 1/2 inch more but will leave that for another day. Also needs to move to
The right side about 1/4 inch.

by the way does your bumper move back or up?

besides physical contact with another object when else does it do that?

cheers

Glad you already though of that! On rough roads my bull bar will flex left to right maybe 1/8” at the ends. Not uncommon - heavy steel fixed to the frame in the middle. It’s like a torsion bar.

I rant the nose into the sand in Moab - zero fore/aft movement.

Glad you already though of that! On rough roads my bull bar will flex left to right maybe 1/8” at the ends. Not uncommon - heavy steel fixed to the frame in the middle. It’s like a torsion bar.

I rant the nose into the sand in Moab - zero fore/aft movement.
Thanks. Can you post a picture of yours? Lucky in Moab it was sand! Not sure on the rock would
Have had same result! Thanks for the feedback

Rhino recently posted this one…they say it was a custom build. I asked if they plan to implement production but haven’t heard back from them yet.

C95FEF4D-2507-4E47-9CFF-C6AA1F446A6A.jpeg

Rhino recently posted this one…they say it was a custom build. I asked if they plan to implement production but haven’t heard back from them yet.

View attachment 2736348
That is smart… they colored grill black and also the two pieces of bumper next to grill.

for sure that is custom since the angle of the side pieces of the bumper against the fender is different in LX and LC.

was this Australia or Argentina? Fyi they are made in Argentina and much less expensive given you are buying direct and not shipping half way across the world and back

It’s on rhino 4x4 Africa’s Facebook page. And I’ve seen who I think is the owner posting on Facebook too. Both are saying it’s a custom job by rhino for that particular customer.

92CA4A64-1874-4792-AEAA-E5799F3E31D9.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom