Rhino 4x4 Front Bumper (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was recently quoted $1665 powder coated matte black, $1762.50 for the stainless steel center section powder coated and a flat rate of $500 shipped via DHL less import taxes. That's $2165 USD shipped and powder coated matte black. They quoted a 20-25 working day build time and likely 1-2 weeks delivery time from Argentina.

It’s on rhino 4x4 Africa’s Facebook page. And I’ve seen who I think is the owner posting on Facebook too. Both are saying it’s a custom job by rhino for that particular customer.

View attachment 2736373
I don't know, the grille is overlapping the bumper. I suppose it's an interesting solution to the long nose the LX has on it.

I don't know, the grille is overlapping the bumper. I suppose it's an interesting solution to the long nose the LX has on it.
Definitely looks like Rhino pulled the bumper in a lot closer to the frame. Looks like they used the pre-facelift LC bumper rather than the post-facelift like @xhrix123. I can't tell if they moved it in enough to make it meet up with the fender lines, or if they extended the wings some. They cut too much of the grill surround for my tastes. Leaving the holes looks pretty amateurish.

The silver LX that got a customized post facelift Rhino bumper reaches all the way to the fenders on the outside too. I don't know if that was part of the customization or the bumper is recessed enough to make the stock bumper reach. My guess is that in both cases the bumper is pulled in enough to reach and there is no customization. His bumper is definitely recessed pretty far as well, the headlights and grill surround sit on top of the bumper. Looks like the main customization he did was extending the wings top line inward so that they start cutting down in line with the grill surround.

I think if Rhino had trimmed the grill surround to match the contour of the wings/center section of the bumper, it would look pretty good. Although you can tell it's hanging pretty far over the top of the bumper, which may be why they cut it that high up. You can see the shadow of the grill trim on the right side. It must already be out 1-1.5" right there.

I was recently quoted $1665 powder coated matte black, $1762.50 for the stainless steel center section powder coated and a flat rate of $500 shipped via DHL less import taxes. That's $2165 USD shipped and powder coated matte black. They quoted a 20-25 working day build time and likely 1-2 weeks delivery time from Argentina.
That seems about right. Are you dealing with Paula? For sure they will take the full 5 weeks to build, but the quality and materials are incredible. Down to the hardware they send.

That seems about right. Are you dealing with Paula? For sure they will take the full 5 weeks to build, but the quality and materials are incredible. Down to the hardware they send.

Yea that's who I have been speaking with.

Bought @kromealt's unopened bumper (dealing with him was a pleasure). But then in-transit FedEx decided to open the box and split it into two boxes. Got the first box today (the new box that FedEx threw stuff into). FedEx appears to have randomly decided what to put in the extra box, and didn't put any real padding in the box for protection. I feel lucky that the fog lamps aren't smashed up. But there was a huge hole ripped in the side of the box, I'm pretty sure one of the fog lamp cables fell out, and who knows what else. I'll have to wait for the 2nd box to get here tomorrow before I know for sure.

20210720_161056.jpg

Bought @kromealt's unopened bumper (dealing with him was a pleasure). But then in-transit FedEx decided to open the box and split it into two boxes. Got the first box today (the new box that FedEx threw stuff into). FedEx appears to have randomly decided what to put in the extra box, and didn't put any real padding in the box for protection. I feel lucky that the fog lamps aren't smashed up. But there was a huge hole ripped in the side of the box, I'm pretty sure one of the fog lamp cables fell out, and who knows what else. I'll have to wait for the 2nd box to get here tomorrow before I know for sure.

View attachment 2736590
I would not worry too much about the cables for the fog lamps. You can just use the ones you have on your vehicle. Plug and play

View attachment 2736590

So you're the one who snagged it? At least it went to a fellow Texan. I consistently have the worst luck with FedEx when it comes to the care for and condition of my packages. I have personally witnessed my delivery driver toss massive box on top of smaller ones in the back of her truck, crazy how much she flat out doesn't care.

Got "the rest" of the package today. Yesterday I called FedEx and asked them to open a package research ticket. When the research lady called me back, she said that she has pictures of the package being pretty mangled at one of the in-transit facilities, and that's probably why they split it into two packages.

I'm going to have to file a FedEx claim. I'm definitely missing pieces. I haven't looked through / accounted for everything yet, but it's obvious I'm missing the skid, for example. At least they have already documented problems on their own along the way, so I think there's hope I'll get reimbursed for everything.

I also ended up with someone else's order in my box, too, unless these black garden rocks and weird tool are part of the install process 🤣

20210722_113352.jpg

20210722_113441.jpg

Got "the rest" of the package today. Yesterday I called FedEx and asked them to open a package research ticket. When the research lady called me back, she said that she has pictures of the package being pretty mangled at one of the in-transit facilities, and that's probably why they split it into two packages.

I'm going to have to file a FedEx claim. I'm definitely missing pieces. I haven't looked through / accounted for everything yet, but it's obvious I'm missing the skid, for example. At least they have already documented problems on their own along the way, so I think there's hope I'll get reimbursed for everything.

I also ended up with someone else's order in my box, too, unless these black garden rocks and weird tool are part of the install process 🤣

View attachment 2738483

View attachment 2738485
The rocks go inside the bumper to add ballast…

it is not heavy enough without it

View attachment 2738483

View attachment 2738485

Mine was missing the skid plate as well on my second bumper. I don't know if you have the instructions, but I posted them in this thread for someone else which also shows the listing of parts:

Mine was missing the skid plate as well on my second bumper. I don't know if you have the instructions, but I posted them in this thread for someone else which also shows the listing of parts:

It looks like those instructions might be for the pre-facelift bumper. The parts do seem a bit different. Any chance you still have your instructions for the post-facelift version?

It looks like those instructions might be for the pre-facelift bumper. The parts do seem a bit different. Any chance you still have your instructions for the post-facelift version?

I'm nearly certain I threw the instructions away about an hour into the install because they were not helpful, but here is a pick of everything lined up ready for the install except the painted wings:

AM-JKLWAWbVI5MhKp76sNfYZc1N_KpWK8IzdCIBj8gFFK180UmDcSFYwcYgvRRac7l0TdjzsRvoQsMcus449as7bvoynfbUduNLXc3k7dyYqRiaI15b24d6SehY4EgmYfR7iKLJuxiCuUjvRdRafemIp276r2Q=w1250-h937-no

I'm nearly certain I threw the instructions away about an hour into the install because they were not helpful, but here is a pick of everything lined up ready for the install except the painted wings:

AM-JKLWAWbVI5MhKp76sNfYZc1N_KpWK8IzdCIBj8gFFK180UmDcSFYwcYgvRRac7l0TdjzsRvoQsMcus449as7bvoynfbUduNLXc3k7dyYqRiaI15b24d6SehY4EgmYfR7iKLJuxiCuUjvRdRafemIp276r2Q=w1250-h937-no
Here they are for facelift version!

Attachments

• MANUAL-LC200-FL.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 133
Here they are for facelift version!
Private message me if you need help. I k ow it by heart after assembly and disassembled 20 times to get it right on my LX

Here you go

Attachments

• MANUAL-LC200-FL.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 122
Here you go
Thanks!

It looks like I have almost everything. Bummer that I'm missing the skid plates, though (and missing the bushings for them). Bolts, washers, nuts quantities aren't exactly correct, but perhaps the paper is wrong on that.

Any idea what RPDE3DSF-VX2 FL is (circled on parts list below)? I don't have those, but they don't show up in the install instructions, either.

I guess I have to file a FedEx claim for the value of the missing skid plates. No idea how to price that.

Circled items are what I'm missing:

20210722_220533.jpg

20210722_165713.jpg

Thanks!

It looks like I have almost everything. Bummer that I'm missing the skid plates, though (and missing the bushings for them). Bolts, washers, nuts quantities aren't exactly correct, but perhaps the paper is wrong on that.

Any idea what RPDE3DSF-VX2 FL is (circled on parts list below)? I don't have those, but they don't show up in the install instructions, either.

I guess I have to file a FedEx claim for the value of the missing skid plates. No idea how to price that.

Circled items are what I'm missing:

View attachment 2738881

View attachment 2738882
Blue bushings, I never had them and they are not needed from what I can tell.

On the rest, yes you are missing some skid plates. At least they are big.

For the rest of the hardware, I don't see much missing. You seem to have all bolts, especially all the major ones.

The quantities look ok.

Just in case anyone with a Rhino bumper has about 8 inches of the rubber trim left over and is coming to Ourey this week! I would buy you a 6 pack of the beverage of your choice for said rubber trim.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom