Revived old steering wheel w/ Loncky (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Checked into getting a local place to re-cover my steering wheel. $300 and I had to remove the steering wheel. Another place wanted $200 and I just take the vehicle in, but they have to have it as long as a week. Checked a lot of DIY leather covers but none gave a nice factory look, especially where the cover "tucks" into where the horn assembly meets the wheel. I stumbled on "Loncky", watched some YouTube videos, and for like $60 shipped I figured I would try it. FYI, I have been doing leather work for a little over a year now, so I am familiar with how it behaves and with the different stitching methods, so I had a slight leg up. However, this steering wheel cover can be done by ANYONE if that person WATCHES THE VIDEOS and follows the instructions and most importantly takes their time. I was very impressed with the quality of the leather, the closeness of the color to OEM, the feel of ge leather, the informative and illustrated instructions and lastly, the packaging. What's included is: the new leather wrap, ample stitching thread, a very high quality stitching needle (that I will repurpose in my personal leather work), super adhesive double-sided tape (to aid in placement of wrap prior to stitching), a thimble- for those of you with delicate fingers ;), instructions and a tool to help with forcing the leather into the areas around the horn assembly. It all comes in a box with the wrap protected in its own linen type bag and a hand written thank you note from the company. This process took me about an hour and a half. I have purchased MANY MANY items online from large to small, many for my vehicles and others just for life things. Let me tell you, this was by far one of the more memorable purchases, due to quality, product being exactly as described and reviewed, and lastly for the packaging. I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend this product to any of you that might be needing a steering wheel rejuvenation but are on a tight budget like myself, and can't see forking over a few hundred dollars.

it makes the steering wheel rim look huge. does it add a lot of girth?

looks so cushy! Man i need to replaced mine but scare to tackle the job :\

the leather basically goes on top of the OEM wheel right?
Correct, @nuclearlemon stated that it seemed "huge" and seemed to add "girth", but it feels no different (thicker) than OEM or my Tacoma's SW. The leather wrap that Loncky sends is thin enough but high quality that it feels just right. But to each his own, I just wanted to share my findings for those that might be looking for an affordable, high quality solution to a worn steering wheel

Correct, @nuclearlemon stated that it seemed "huge" and seemed to add "girth", but it feels no different (thicker) than OEM or my Tacoma's SW. The leather wrap that Loncky sends is thin enough but high quality that it feels just right. But to each his own, I just wanted to share my findings for those that might be looking for an affordable, high quality solution to a worn steering wheel
Thanks for sharing. I'm gonna pull the trigger on it!

I used the same company through Amazon and they cut it to short. Warranty and return is a nightmare.
Jesus, guess I got lucky, appears "girthy" and "huge", "cut short" and "return and warranty nightmares", I'm rethinking the post now

Yes, yours looks perfect. My pattern was cut to short around the steering wheel arms. I left them a fairly negative review thinking they might offer to ship me a replacement but never did. Glad it worked out for yours. The kits was very nice and straight forward following the videos but pattern was just too small.

image.png
Better view here, note every other stitch on the wrap is passed through with my stitch. Not every one, that gives you just a zig-zag pattern, less aesthetically appealing

Call amazon, you'll get very good results there. Probably just ship you another one.

I used one of these kits and my upholstery shop commented on how great it looked. I think it’s the perfect solution price vs appearance considering the options that are available to us.

Does anyone have the directions for the Lonky steering wheel cover?
Mine blew away and not sure where to start the sticking. Thanks in advance!

I did the Dallas Custom Steering Wheel recover with the extra padding option. Don said it wouldn’t look funny with the leather padded and wood. It looks great!

22BB08D8-C93C-4EFA-858B-AE2868AD7379.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom