Review: Trader Joe's Pulled Beef Brisket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woytovich

Science...
SILVER Star
Threads
Edible but unimpressed. Too sweet, too much BBQ sauce, a couple of chunks of inedible fat/gristle. Said to serve 3... I ate it all (minus the gristle) for lunch and it wasn't too much. Would be ok for a camping meal... better than a PB&J sandwich I suppose. Fast: heat and eat. Come in a plastic pan so alternate container is needed to heat while camping...

2014-12-29 15.12.04.jpg

One of the wheeling dinners I made this year was using the pie iron, some bread, butter, and pulled pork. Butter up the bread, put the bread in the iron and put some pulled pork between the two slices. I bought some tony roma's pulled pork and it didn't have sauce so I added some while cooking.

Thanks for the review on the trader joe's stuff. Disappointing to hear that it wasn't knock your socks off good though!

Good to know...I've looked at the ingredient list and since made a wide girth around the Pulled Beef Brisket at TJ's. If you haven't tried their (Trader Joe's) pork carnitas in the clear vac sealed bag, assuming you like Carnitas, they do a very good job relative to cost and just needing to fry them up for quick tacos on the trail/home or even a pseudo pulled pork for same.

They also offer confit pork belly but they package it in a cardboard box where you can't see the meat until you get home and remove it from the package. And more often than not its mostly fat. Yeah I know pork belly is mostly fat but I've had some of TJ's and its 99% fat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom