Resource for 80-series rust repair in VA?

Hi all. I'm a 10+ year owner of a '96 80-series and brand new to this forum. Can't believe I just discovered it! I'm looking forward to getting engaged with the group!

I'm looking for help finding a shop in VA/DC/NC/MD that can do some rust repair for me. I discovered a pretty bad spot on the rocker panel just forward of the left rear wheel, right where the running board terminates. Local body shops won't touch it and I don't have the bodywork skills to address it. Can anyone recommend a shop I can talk to?

Thanks!
Hudson
Richmond, VA

Thanks. Did more searching since my post and it looks like IPOR in Fredericksburg gets great marks too. I appreciate the lead.

76FJ40

Old Fart
SILVER Star
Ryan at Iron Pig did most of the rust repair on my 45 but I got the family discount.

Most body shops won't touch rust repair. They only do collision as that's whÉre the money is for them. You can get more out of an insurance company than a rust patch. That does change in the winter when everything slows down. If IPOR does rust repair, take it there. There is a huge plus to taking a vehicle to someone who knows it inside and out and knows where the electrical, fuel and brake lines are (seen many repairs where these things were toasted).

Give us a call and we would love to take care of you. We just redid an 80 Series Complete all over paint and body.

Cam

Cruiser804

SILVER Star
Just had the exact repair done by a guy in Manassas. Call Timmy at Convenience Car Care and ask him to hook you with Sam. If you email me I will dig you Sam's number. He also did all the work on my 40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom