Resource for 80-series rust repair in VA? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all. I'm a 10+ year owner of a '96 80-series and brand new to this forum. Can't believe I just discovered it! I'm looking forward to getting engaged with the group!

I'm looking for help finding a shop in VA/DC/NC/MD that can do some rust repair for me. I discovered a pretty bad spot on the rocker panel just forward of the left rear wheel, right where the running board terminates. Local body shops won't touch it and I don't have the bodywork skills to address it. Can anyone recommend a shop I can talk to?

Thanks!
Hudson
Richmond, VA

Try Waterloo in Warrenton

Thanks. Did more searching since my post and it looks like IPOR in Fredericksburg gets great marks too. I appreciate the lead.

Ryan at Iron Pig did most of the rust repair on my 45 but I got the family discount.

Ryan at Iron Pig did most of the rust repair on my 45 but I got the family discount.

I was just about to comment how ironic....:D

Most body shops won't touch rust repair. They only do collision as that's whÉre the money is for them. You can get more out of an insurance company than a rust patch. That does change in the winter when everything slows down. If IPOR does rust repair, take it there. There is a huge plus to taking a vehicle to someone who knows it inside and out and knows where the electrical, fuel and brake lines are (seen many repairs where these things were toasted).

Give us a call and we would love to take care of you. We just redid an 80 Series Complete all over paint and body.

Cam

Just had the exact repair done by a guy in Manassas. Call Timmy at Convenience Car Care and ask him to hook you with Sam. If you email me I will dig you Sam's number. He also did all the work on my 40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom