Resolved - Yotamd quality concerns (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
Just got in my yotamd shell and was excited until I got it all together and noticed some quality issues. Hate to call him out here, but how long am I supposed to wait when I send an email showing these problems. At $88 I expect at least a simple response, and a resolution

20210408_194348.jpg

20210408_194343.jpg

Give him time to respond. I have seen QC fail in even the best companies a time or two. The difference is what happens in the end. Patience grasshopper. Oh, and definitely let us know the outcome. Looking forward to happy endings. Mind outta the gutter boys and girls! Ha!

Maybe with the handle cosmo kramer he thought it was a joke. :rofl:

My key has been solid.

If you are going to publicly put someone on blast at least give all the facts. You say you just got your case, and you hate to call him out, but wonder how long you have to wait.

So, since you went there, how long have you waited?

Ah. The Doctor has been summoned. Good times shall abound.

Just got in my yotamd shell and was excited until I got it all together and noticed some quality issues. Hate to call him out here, but how long am I supposed to wait when I send an email showing these problems. At $88 I expect at least a simple response, and a resolution

View attachment 2643665

View attachment 2643666
Whoa. That's definitely not normal. Replacement on me, of course. Let me go check inventory and see if any others were affected in that recent batch. Looks like some voids in the plastic, possibly revealed by the cerakote bake.

Worry not, you'll have a voidless kit soon!

Also, please shoot me a PM with your initial email. I didn't see anything, but I did have another customer email get caught in gmail's spam filter. I generally respond within an hour during business hours, so a non-response is generally a sign the spam filter thought you were a robot.

View attachment 2643665

View attachment 2643666
I just checked inventory and yours is worse than any others, but I do have some others with than weird void. Most do not have that, but enough do that I'll need to chat down the cause on the bad ones. Those will all be pulled from inventory and sent back to the shop that prints/coats those. I asked them to reorient the parts during production and I suspect this is an unintended consequence of that change. We'll try another orientation if needed.

Please pm me your info/order number so I can get you a good green front shell. :)

Boom. Great opportunity to shine.

FWIW, I have bought multiple YotaMD products over the years and never had an issue with any of them. Customer service has also always been top notch, and @suprarx7nut has always been a straight shooter on here. So when he says that he “asked them to reorient the parts during production and I suspect this is an unintended consequence of that change,” it is not BS; it is the truth.

FYI for all, I found the initial email. Came in April 8th, 4 days ago. @Cosmo Kramer gave me plenty of time to respond, my spam filter just prevented me from seeing it. I looked through my spam folder and had 5 other customer emails from the last few days. Google's AI must be off this week. Glad I know now!

Here's what the typical green shells look like in my current inventory. Some (not pictured) have larger voids like the OP pictures and of course, those are being quarantined for rework/scrap/blemished sale. You can see some tiny, tiny holes in these, but nothing like the massive gaping holes in the initial post here.

Word to the wise, if I don't reply to an email, shoot me a PM. I'm never off mud for more than a fraction of a day and I'll get you squared away! :p

1618282331485.png

Just curious, is the process is fully automated? Manufacturing to packaging and shipping?

Just curious, is the process is fully automated? Manufacturing to packaging and shipping?
No, plenty of manual hands on the product along the way, but the Cerakote is done in large batches. The cerakote is only practical when 50-100 parts are coated at a time. Viewing these from above, as you would during coating, makes it hard to see most the defects. My shop area pictured above is lit like a crime scene with white shelves and lots of lights, so the defects show up real easy.

What's funny/unfortunate is that I had them change the orientation in which they print these to avoid a smaller defect that not a single customer had noticed. I pushed the engineering shop making these to get away from a minor problem and seem to have created a bigger one!

It may also be a calibration or contamination problem within the machine. I trust my shop to work it out. These are printed at an engineering shop local to me in Colorado. They're experts in their craft and take product quality as seriously as I do so I'm sure they know how to avoid it going forward.

I've always had stellar customer service from YotaMD and very quick responses to questions.

IF ever you haven't received a reply to your communication....you may be certain something went amiss (spam/other) but NOT because you are being ignored.

YotaMD is top notch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom