Resolved - Rear door glass installation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramangain

Clarksonian disciple
Threads
Folks,

I'm not a fan of RTH for small things, but I'm in a pinch. It is raining outside, my rig is my only vehicle, I need to be somewhere local in 3 hours, and my rear passenger door glass is out and I can't beat the jigsaw puzzle to reinstall it. FWIW, I removed it to clean any and all gunk relating to window operation as the bottom bracket which holds the regulator roller comes off about every 10th time I roll down the window.

Can someone post a step by step process of the rear door glass installation steps with details, please? I'd full of dread and fear I'll do something wrong and shatter the glass, then be really, really stuck.

I tried searching and came up with zilch.

The glass is pretty tough. Not "bend a half inch" tough, but you should be OK.

I don't have the answer, but try searching across the 80 series forum (maybe even the 60). There might be something there, and the mechanisms should be really, really similar.

here's kind of a text-based set of instructions: Replacing Passenger Rear Door Quarter Glass

Edit: and the relevant FSM section . Start at BO-14. 24- BO Body Mechanical 2575-2724.pdf. Standard FSM caveat: "Reassembly is in the reverse order of disassembly"

I have the FSM, and I am frustrated with the "Reassembly is in the reverse order of disassembly" statement.

My issue is in what order do things get put back and how ... glass, rubber guide that fits in channels, glass divider. I'm stuck

Thanks for the help, I got it figured out. I just had to use more force than I assumed around glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom