Residual Pressure Valve.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ok, I am in a similar situation, have a 9/72 40, the entire braking system is swaped out with a 76 front and Downey rear disk kit, the master cylinder has the side outlet, took off the cap and found no residual valve in either outlet. There was a T inline item, for the front brake line, I think it was a residual valve, it has been removed but i have found nothing in the rear lines or outlet

ideas??? or is there no residual for the rear brakes

ok, I am in a similar situation, have a 9/72 40, the entire braking system is swaped out with a 76 front and Downey rear disk kit, the master cylinder has the side outlet, took off the cap and found no residual valve in either outlet. There was a T inline item, for the front brake line, I think it was a residual valve, it has been removed but i have found nothing in the rear lines or outlet

Unless you have drums you don't need any residual valves.

Unless you have drums you don't need any residual valves.

well thanks:rolleyes:

, now can somebody tell where the valves are in a 9/72, cause thats whats im looking for, the T inline valve for the front is taken care of, the back is the one im looking for, cause its not in the MC as best as I have searched

the entire braking system is swaped out with a 76 front and Downey rear disk kit,

Has the Downey disc kit been on your 40 for a while? The residual valve should have been removed at the time the disc kit was installed. Have you had your 40 on the road? Did the rear brakes work OK, or did they appear to lock up and not release right away after use? If they have been working OK then the residual valve has been already removed.

As for the 76 front axle, is it drum or disc?

ok, its all new stuff, disk front and disk rear, never been on the road yet, still sitting on stands in the shop, gonna finish it this week, but only found the inline T valve(think thats what it is), took off the MC large nuts and found no plastic valves in either outlet, so Im wondering if the rear never had a residual valve, just trying to find out before the system is filled and bleed cause its gonna have new paint and I dont want fluid running around when I find a residual valve that I missed

I wouldn't think you would be able to tee off to a residual valve, a brake pressure switch would make more sense.

Typically the valve has to be in the m.c. or really close to it. Unless someone has done some funky brake work or changed to a different non-toyota m.c. to on your cruiser in the past, I doubt you will find a residual valve in the line.

It wouldn't surprise me if a p.o. removed it even with drums, you should see some of the stuff they did to my 40.

Last edited:
where are these #'s i can't seem to find anything on either side ?
valve (Medium).JPG

I wouldn't think you would be able to tee off to a residual valve, a brake pressure switch would make more sense.

Typically the valve has to be in the m.c. or really close to it. Unless someone has done some funky brake work to your cruiser in the past, I doubt you will find a residual valve in the line.

It wouldn't surprise me if a p.o. removed it even with drums, you should see some of the stuff they did to my 40.

I have heard of and people have talked about a in line stock valve, the one I had was 6" out of the master cylinder with a brass T with the brake line going in one side of the T and comming out the other side of the T, a brass cap was over the thrid part of the T, I would show pics but Im not at home this weekend, no wires to this thing, my pressure switches are on the MC

Any up-date information on the valves antFJ

my bad somehow missed this thread and totally forgot about it.. give me a sec

alright so i can't find this stamp.. and just for clarification the valves are where the brake lines screw in right? nvm they are under those.... i tried getting them off but they are stuck.. gonna soak it for a bit and try again yup.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom