Replacing switch bulbs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've tried to find a thread on replacing the gear shift and other lighting but haven't been successful.
The lights are out for my gear shift, seat heater (drivers side), front defroster, and all of the switches to the left of the steering wheel.
Does anyone know how these bulbs are replaced? What I've seen is that these seem to be self contained switches. So, once removed, can you open each switch to replace the specific bulb, or does the whole switch have to be replaced?

Thanks!

I was able to find a helpful thread. Looks like the bulbs are in the switches themselves. Has anyone done this? If you go to pop out the switch, is there a clip that can break?

I have basically the same bulbs out in my rig. They look like white dots on the side of the switches, and they just twist out with about 1/4 turn. However, I have ordered two different size bulbs, and have yet to find the correct size to replace them. If anyone knows the right sizes for a 2003 LX I'd be grateful.

I'm also curious what's supposed to light up on each switch. I know the high/low light up orange/green, but is there a middle light that's supposed to be on as well when the heater is not switched on?

1999 LX470 … had my center console apart yesterday. There are 2 sets of globes … 1 set which are screw-in and provide back illumination of switches when main running lights are on … 2nd set are indicators when the switch is ON, these are soldered directly onto the PCBoard and found beneath the switches themselves.

Screw-in (oem and LED) and soldered (LED)

8FF10621-06E1-4D77-8FC1-4FB7CA3EA4B6.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom