Replacing Sway Bar Bushes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've just taken my 85 HJ60 to the local suspension place and been told my front and rear sway bar bushes are dead (fair enough, they're bloody old). They want to charge me a horrid amount of money for labour to fix them, but as far as I can tell its just a matter of pulling the sway bar off, replacing the bushes and putting it back on. Even if I factor in dropping bits on the ground and crawling around trying to find them again I can't see it taking more than an hour or so.

Can anyone who has done this let me know if theres anything complicated about doing this that I've missed.
Also is there any reason that I couldn't take the sway bars off to do this with the car on the ground (not on chassis stands).

Thanks guys.

I personally have never done this but I would think you are right. I just looked at the parts you would need to do a sway bar and it looks just bolt-on. check http://www.man-a-fre.com/parts_accessories/swaybars.htm and you'll see. looks like something you could do yourself.

I did it on my '62, it's not too bad of a job. Dunno about down there, but the worst problem I had was dealing with the rust and getting the bolts out. I actually didn't put bolts back in on the rear end links, I used clevis pins, so they could be removed easily for wheeling.

Hardware1.jpg

Lube them up with some decent silicone grease, so everything goes back together easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom