Replacing stock bumper with aftermarket using collision insurance? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know some forum members have been in this position before-

Had a bit of a low-speed accident heading to work Sunday morning, and now need a front bumper/crash bar/grille/lights/possible fenders. What’s the best way to get an aftermarket front bumper as a replacement for my stock one? Im assuming it would be less $ for the insurance company to buy me an ARB or something instead of paying parts/paint/labor on a stock bumper and metal crash bar (metal piece under plastic bumper).

Airbags didn’t deploy and the rig is perfectly drivable currently.

TIA.

not guaranteed to work, for every insurer is different and every state is different. But just call the insurer to say you had an accident and have them come to your home or work to do an estimate. From there they will want to send you a check to get it done. Most times they under capture on the initial estimate and the ship has to go back for addendum. They want you to cash that first check for it absolves them of further coverage. So when they send that check cash it and do with it what you will.

if you have a loan on the ride and they are listed as a lien holder, the check will be made out to both of you and it won’t work.

depending on your deductible, you will have to gauge whether the deductible plus increased insurance rate next year will be worth it. It may be worth not even reporting it and just swapping. Nothing is free.

if you have a loan on the ride and they are listed as a lien holder, the check will be made out to both of you and it won’t work.

The check is made out to both parties and then the lienholder will sign the check to you solely.

At least, they should, and if they don't, your lender blows.

I went through this a long time ago. The adjuster took one look at my truck and said "use it to upgrade". I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom