Replacing shift lever boot (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That’s what the diagram looks like but the short bracket comes up through the floor and connects to the shifter shaft (33511). Between the bracket and shaft are the a wave spring and the too small bushing referenced earlier. The parts circled are a stainless spacer, a washer and a bolt…

If I get a chance, I’ll send pics later tonight.

The mystery circled parts…..any help greatly appreciated.
3866D908-F1B1-43E4-B133-ED2C27D4D2EE.jpeg

Best guess, the nut might fit the end of the shifter assembly shaft but the flat/plain washer may not be correct for that postion as that calls for a split lock washer IIRC. The spacer (90580-12050) may go between the vertical LEVER SUB-ASSY SHIFT(FOR FLOOR SHIFT) (33503F) and
LEVER, CONTROL SHAFT (FOR FLOOR SHIFT) (33711F)

FZJ80 Shift level assembly spacer.JPG

Last edited:
What holds the rubber shift boot assembly to the bottom of the metal shift plate? Mine looks like it was molded to each one of the holes. Does not look easily replaceable. Thanks!

What holds the rubber shift boot assembly to the bottom of the metal shift plate? Mine looks like it was molded to each one of the holes. Does not look easily replaceable. Thanks!
If memory serves, there are little metal grommets that go in the holes where the rubber goes through the plate. Don’t lose them when you take it apart…..

If memory serves, there are little metal grommets that go in the holes where the rubber goes through the plate. Don’t lose them when you take it apart…..
Got it. So what I circled in red is the metal grommets that are removable?

Screenshot_20231112_084611_Chrome.jpg

That’s them.
Cool. Thanks!! They look molded into the rubber when I looked at it a while back...glad to to know they come out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom