replacing front speakers with component speakers and crossover (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
does anyone have know if there is a mod kit out there to simplify adding component speakers for the front with a crossover?
i'm reluctant to start hacking wires..

Check with Metra, they may make an adapter

is it ok to remove the cd player in the cc to make more room? 2006LC

Yes, Metra makes speaker cable adapters for both the front and rear speakers. Plug in the adapter and hook it up to the crossover.

Yes, Metra makes speaker cable adapters for both the front and rear speakers. Plug in the adapter and hook it up to the crossover.
it's the tweeter i'm worried about f&ckin up..

You're replacing it with an aftermarket one, correct? And you're wanting to run the aftermarket crossover? You will want a surface mount tweeter to go on the bracket it looks like. You won't be screwing it up, you can run speaker wire directly to it from the crossover without using the factory wire. I don't know specifically on the tweeter if there's an adapter that works for the factory wire and an aftermarket crossover.

Try this thread:

Also, Crutchfield has a few pictures of the tweeter install on their "My Vehicle" page for a 2006 LC.

You're replacing it with an aftermarket one, correct? And you're wanting to run the aftermarket crossover? You will want a surface mount tweeter to go on the bracket it looks like. You won't be screwing it up, you can run speaker wire directly to it from the crossover without using the factory wire. I don't know specifically on the tweeter if there's an adapter that works for the factory wire and an aftermarket crossover.

Try this thread:

Also, Crutchfield has a few pictures of the tweeter install on their "My Vehicle" page for a 2006 LC.
thx @zapatius i just don't want to mess up any of the factory wiring that eventually goes to the rears.
i can see going from tweeters<-->crossover and front lowers<-->crossover by just disconnecting their harnesses and using speaker wires; will the remaining stock wiring still provide rear doors sound?

Yes they are separate wires

@zapatius I can't find them to save my life. Only thing it gives me is harnesses for the HU

Did you try the actual Metra site?

they have the connector for lower speakers only
72-9301w

You use the lower connector adapter to not hack it off and connect the bare wire ends to the Xover. Then use your own wire to connect to the woofer and tweeter of your aftermarket speakers.

I'd be very careful of running an aftermarket woofer and stock tweeter on the factory amp. The chance for spectral impedence mismatch is very very high and not great for performance or the amp.

You use the lower connector adapter to not hack it off and connect the bare wire ends to the Xover. Then use your own wire to connect to the woofer and tweeter of your aftermarket speakers.

I'd be very careful of running an aftermarket woofer and stock tweeter on the factory amp. The chance for spectral impedence mismatch is very very high and not great for performance or the amp.

I've blown a front woofer... If going aftermarket, what's the preferred answer to retain the stock amp? Can one just drop in a 6 1/2 inch woofer to replace the lower JBL speaker as long as it's 2 ohm spec? A lot of conflicting info floating around it seems.

Match impedance to stock speaker, replace in pairs, and ensure the mounting depth will still allow window regulator to lower window fully. Job done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom