Replacement Windshield for JDM HZJ73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First time posting, long time reader. So I decided to swap out my 80 for a 70 series about a year ago. Picked up a JDM 1992 HZJ73. So far love the truck. With my 80, I could pretty much read the posts, google and figure out anything I need to know. Not having the same luck with the 70 series. Hoping I can lean on your expertise.

Had some minor rust issues around the windshield, so I took it to get it fixed at a body shop run by a friend of a friend. Well, when removing the window, the glass broke. Found out today. My first thought was he couldn't have broken a harder part to source in the US. As I research, I am hoping it isn't as bad.

My vehicle Model is the HJZ73HV-PEU. I am fortunate enough to own the fully loaded ZX model with high end features like power windows and AC. (Although my AC is broken..... perhaps that is for another thread)
From what I can tell, my cruiser uses the 56111-60140. It is a removable FRP top with a fold down windshield. (As I believe all HZJ73s are)

From my research I found a 56111-60230 locally. This appears to fit the LX version from 1994. (HZJ73V-PNU) However, it appears to use the same weather stripping, allowing me to hope they are the same or close enough....

Can any one tell me the differences between the 56111-60230 and the 56111-60140?
Can these be used interchangeably? Seems like I can source the 60230 from toyota locally. They look at me with two heads when I ask for the 56111-60140.

Anyone have any idea where I can source the 56111-60140 window?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did some more research on this.
Description for the part I have is as follows. This part only appears to report to JDM Vehicles. Nothing in the Europe, North America, or other locations.

56111-60140*LAM,T=5.3,ブロンズ

Description for 56111-60230 is
56111-90K08*TL,T=5.3

The 90K08 is the predecessor to the 60230.

No idea what the description means, but the numbers being the same feels like a good sign, (How is that for blind optimism) The Japanese text translate to "Bronze" Apparently there was a Bronze glass that was provided OEM to the Japanese markets. I guess it was only available in Japan. No where else in the world.

Thinking the 60230 could be the non bronze version of the 60140. Or am I way off on this?

Did some more research on this.
Description for the part I have is as follows. This part only appears to report to JDM Vehicles. Nothing in the Europe, North America, or other locations.

56111-60140*LAM,T=5.3,ブロンズ

Description for 56111-60230 is
56111-90K08*TL,T=5.3

The 90K08 is the predecessor to the 60230.

No idea what the description means, but the numbers being the same feels like a good sign, (How is that for blind optimism) The Japanese text translate to "Bronze" Apparently there was a Bronze glass that was provided OEM to the Japanese markets. I guess it was only available in Japan. No where else in the world.

Thinking the 60230 could be the non bronze version of the 60140. Or am I way off on this?

This may be of some help. At least for LAM and TL codes. Looks like one is just laminated while the other one is tinted and laminated.

Glass Codes.PNG

As for sourcing the glass. I ordered a new windshield from partsouq delivered to my door in 3 days for a total price cheaper than the local to me dealer that took over a month to get and was damaged.

The one from partsouq was crated in wood all over and arrived intact and undamaged. It surprised me.

I got one from cruiserparts but that was a few years ago.

Well mud delivers again. Thank you for the all the info. This is really helpful. Sounds like the 56111-60230 will work and I know I can source that in the us. That is a huge relief.

I will poke around online. Feels like shipping is going to be cost prohibitive. I know I can get this at the Toyota dealer around me.

Hello,

Some windshield glasses have an upper dark tinted band. It helps a lot where the sun hits hard.

Usually, the glass has no tint. It is also available with a light green tint, again intended to filter some sunlight.

Check your truck windows' glass to confirm whether it has the light green tint and order accordingly.

You can also take the chance to clean the frame, remove/patch the rust and slip in a new seal.

Juan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom