Replacement mirrors... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently my passenger mirror completely broke. The screw hole on the bottom and the two tabs were done. I was being lazy that day and just decided to buy a replacement and I wasn't in the mood to be robbed to have a Toyota name on the part...
I got this. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009EABGAU
Comes with both sides in black...

IMG_20180214_190946976.jpg

IMG_20180214_191306892.jpg

IMG_20180214_191326578.jpg

IMG_20180214_190759682.jpg

IMG_20180214_191346828.jpg

I used those on my truck. Been on for a year with no problems so far.

Hhmmm. Seems like an interesting choice. As I prepare to paint I've thought about replacing my pretty worn out mirrors. I'd planned to paint mine black, so these coming black helps out. How does the glass look? Smooth and flat with no image distortion?

1aauto.com has nice mirrors! I bought a pair for my dodge diesel and they were perfect. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy them for my fj80. They’re actually on the list of parts to purchase! Plus they have great customer service and a good warranty/policy. When I checked the price on them they were 150$ for the pair.

How is it once it's installed? Does the actual mirror part articulate and move in each direction fully as good as the original? The one I bought would (power mirror) adjust in really far but not out too much. I am talking about the actual mirror when adjusting using power..not the whole housing.

I haven't installed them yet but will this weekend. I believe they fold in but not sure about out...

I'm going to throw a coat of wax on the outside plastic. I noticed the plastic scratches pretty easy...

Prune them into some heavy tree branches so we can see how they REALLY hold up?
worry not they will get their fair share of plant life impacts and if they break, so what, they're a hundred bucks... If they last, great! If not I fix my old sloppy, rattling, cracked, can't see the car behind me mirrors...

Last edited:
Ive been running these mirrors for 8 years. The glass/mirror shakes in the housing as you drive down the road.

No other problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom