Replacement ARB turn signals (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.sdsysdesign.com
I finally got rid of those crappy amber ARB turn signals that last about 18 months before rotting out. Replaced them with water tight LED units from a VW Jetta that I bought on Ebay.
VW GOLF JETTA MK1 MK2 EURO-SPEC SMALL BUMPER LED TURN SIGNAL LIGHTS - BLACK
Direct fit with just a little trimming of the plastic standoffs in the rear. I hope to get a bit more life out of these.

ARBLights1.jpg

ARBLights2.jpg

image.jpeg
I went smoked w led bulbs.

They work great until you drive through a water crossing.....they still work but look like crap do to full of water even a few weeks later.

I got a deal on these ipf driving lights and thought I would be cool and mount them in place of my turn signals.
20160614_120652.jpg

The safety nerd in me now says I should mount some sort of turn signal.

They work great until you drive through a water crossing.....they still work but look like crap do to full of water even a few weeks later.
The lenses are sealed to the housing. The only way water can get inside is through the rubber grommets that exit the rear of the housing. Mine are sealed with a dab of silicone.

Forgot to update this thread.
I found these:
Combination LED DRL and turn signals. Direct fit to an 80 Series ARB bar. At the current exchange rate, about $40 for the pair.

The turn signal wire is tapped into the OEM turn signal and the DRL is run off ACC power with a separate dash switch. They come in handy to throw some light into a camping spot while setting up at night, and I don't have to have the truck "ON". They use very little current and make very good DRLs.

DRL.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom