Replace fog with dually pods? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tdtp.org
Maybe my searchfu is not that strong. Trying to see if anyone has replaced factory fog lights with some 2x2 LED's?

No one with whom I am aware. However, please post photos if you do.

I'm considering the same thing. I have the factory-stalk-switch wiring just taped up behind the grill from when I threw the ARB bumper on and lost the factory fogs.... i have a pair of 4x' LED pods sitting on the bench in the garage and was just considering doing this a few days ago. Just can't decide where I want to mount them...

I have 2 Amber LED pods installed in my stock fog location after having my OEM and replacement OE style fogs fill up with water.

I had to trim the OEM LED support tab with a dremel or sawzall to get them to fit (mainly I cut the OEM fog support / mount). But only on one side for both LEDs if that makes sense.

Took measurements and some pictures this morning. The opening tapers slightly going from front to back (slightly less clearance in the back). Height: 4.25" Width: 8" Depth: 3.25"

My lights with the bracket part are : Height: 4" Width: 6" Depth: 3".

One support tab that I didn't cut.
IMG_20160914_094246.jpg

The support tab I did have to cut on the opposite side.
IMG_20160914_094235.jpg

What it looks like:
IMG_20160914_094228.jpg

I wired these directly to the OEM fog harness. I cut maybe 6 inches before the fog light bulb holders and spliced/soldered/heat shrinked the connections, has worked for a solid year without issues.

Just looked around on the rigid website going by dogsdayindurham's measurements and pictures it looks like the rigid e series 4'' flood bar would take upmost of the fog light opening and offer the most light.

Granted its not a cheap option at $219 per light. Other option would be the dually 2x2 pods but you will have a large gap.

Just looked around on the rigid website going by dogsdayindurham's measurements and pictures it looks like the rigid e series 4'' flood bar would take upmost of the fog light opening and offer the most light.

Granted its not a cheap option at $219 per light. Other option would be the dually 2x2 pods but you will have a large gap.

I was considering mounting two duallys side by side with different patterns. Haven't measured the spot yet to see if that's feasible.

Let me know if you end up going that route. I wonder what rigids dually would work best for that location. Driving, flood, or spot. Or mix and match? Flood and spot one per side?
I was considering mounting two duallys side by side with different patterns. Haven't measured the spot yet to see if that's feasible.

@dogdaysindurham Can we get a shot of your whole front bumper?

I'd like to see how they look when viewing the whole thing.

I'm liking this idea with the amber LEDs in there.

Let me know if you end up going that route. I wonder what rigids dually would work best for that location. Driving, flood, or spot. Or mix and match? Flood and spot one per side?
That was my plan. Spot next to flood per side wired individually. I may also mount them this way (pic stolen)

IMG_5737.JPG

IMG_5737.JPG

I went with similar setup to these pictures. I was able to fit 9" LED bars, one on each side. I went one Spot and one flood. They give pretty good light output for $25 a piece. I did a write up a while ago showing OEM switch placement and how I installed. I liked this approach as I kept the factory fogs which I run when headlights are on. I have a separate OEM switch to control the LEDs.

I went with similar setup to these pictures. I was able to fit 9" LED bars, one on each side. I went one Spot and one flood. They give pretty good light output for $25 a piece. I did a write up a while ago showing OEM switch placement and how I installed. I liked this approach as I kept the factory fogs which I run when headlights are on. I have a separate OEM switch to control the LEDs.
Can you link your write up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom