LC aux LED fog light install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Installed these about 6 months ago but never thought to do a mini write up. They were noticeable in a couple pix I posted recently and when a few members asked for details I figured I'd share a few pictures.

sketch-1474247667499.png

Was about $100 total including oem fog light switch.

Flood =https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T8UYCHA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Spot =https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X75BKOU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wire kit = https://www.amazon.com/MICTUNING-12...1473940280&sr=1-1&keywords=fog+light+wire+kit

OEM Toyota Switch = 84160-04010

I used a 70 mm bolt, with washers, lock washers and nylon lock nut. Note: this is a picture of something similar to what I used. All new hardware was used and I forgot to take pic before installed.

IMAG1685.jpg

On my 04 land cruiser there are 2 square bumper bars, one on top the other with about a 3/4" gap between them. I only drilled through the top bar. I removed the grille to make drilling the holes easier. Looking back it'd be so much easier just removing the bumper cover.

IMAG1695.jpg

IMAG1696.jpg

Lights are adjustable up, down and left to right.

The wiring kit made it straight forward. Pretty much red wires to positive battery, black to negative. I wrapped the wires in some split flexloom I had laying around. I used a skewer to poke a small hole on the edge of large rubber boot surrounding the main wire bundle, driver side. I then taped
the wires to the skewer and pulled them through.

IMAG1676.jpg

Continued...

Last edited:
The switch is ok but there might be better out there. The texture isn't the same as my other buttons and the back light is orange. I did not try to use the switch that came with the wiring harness.

You have to remove the panel below the steering wheel. Good opportunity to clean dust out of the auto climate tube. To remove panel lift up and out on the black panel right below cluster and above steering wheel. The bottom trim piece is held in place with several push clips and I think a screw or two.

To wire the switch I had to get a little creative and use very small female wire connectors and wrapped then individually in shrink wrap. They hold the switch pins snug and are totally protected. You can also buy the oem leads but prices can add up quickly. I also had to shave the switch a bit to get it to fit nicely.

I found switch info here: Fog light switch, OEM look

IMAG1679.jpg

Here's a sample picture. Horrible location, pointed at the house so close but it's all I got tonight. Will try to get a picture showing some distance.

With high beams on

IMAG1700.jpg

With LEDs on

IMAG1701.jpg

sketch-1474247278905.png

Forgot to mention the obvious. These small bumper inserts need removed. I used a dremel.

IMAG1402.jpg

Last edited:
Which LEDs did u get , Flood or Spot?

Quick comparison.

Oem low:

IMAG1703.jpg

Oem high:

IMAG1704.jpg

Oem high and LEDs. Note that the spot LED needs adjusting as it's hitting about 30' in front of truck. I'll adjust so it's aimed out much further.

IMAG1705.jpg

Last edited:
Did you tap into 12v at the fuse block on the driver side foot well?

No, it's wired directly to the battery using the wiring kit listed above.

Are there any OEM switches (for aux lights) for this blank spot?

Only blank I have open

IMG_1245.JPG

You might be able to adapt a Lexus "Night View" switch to operate your lights in that spot

19627d1032771058-2003-lx-night-view-night-view2.jpg

Also if you ever plan on fitting Lockers that square blank fits an 80 series OEM locker switch.

Forgive my ignorance, but are those oem fog lights (and I'm referring to the traditional fogs, not the coool ones you so masterfully added in the bumper)? If not, what are they and where'd you find 'em?

Installed these about 6 months ago but never thought to do a mini write up. They were noticeable in a couple pix I posted recently and when a few members asked for details I figured I'd share a few pictures.

View attachment 1323717

Was about $100 total including oem fog light switch.

Flood =https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T8UYCHA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Spot =https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X75BKOU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wire kit = https://www.amazon.com/MICTUNING-12...1473940280&sr=1-1&keywords=fog+light+wire+kit

OEM Toyota Switch = 84160-04010

I used a 70 mm bolt, with washers, lock washers and nylon lock nut. Note: this is a picture of something similar to what I used. All new hardware was used and I forgot to take pic before installed.

View attachment 1323719

On my 04 land cruiser there are 2 square bumper bars, one on top the other with about a 3/4" gap between them. I only drilled through the top bar. I removed the grille to make drilling the holes easier. Looking back it'd be so much easier just removing the bumper cover.

View attachment 1323725
View attachment 1323726

Lights are adjustable up, down and left to right.

The wiring kit made it straight forward. Pretty much red wires to positive battery, black to negative. I wrapped the wires in some split flexloom I had laying around. I used a skewer to poke a small hole on the edge of large rubber boot surrounding the main wire bundle, driver side. I then taped
the wires to the skewer and pulled them through.

View attachment 1323735

Continued...
Where did you get those mounting brackets?

I did this exact same install but with 12" combo bars from auxbeam. Don't try to use combos, get one of each.

I don't ever use them because the light wash is so bad and the light is non directional.

I would actually suggest anyone mount some cheep HIDs over something like this.

(Don't mean to In your thread, sorry)

They are 20 bucks a piece, that's pretty cheap comparatively

I'm curious about the mounting brackets too. Where to get and how do they mount to the lights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom