Removing the sliding cover in front of the shift knob...? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know how to remove the sliding cover in front of the shift panel?

I’m referring to the cover for the USB / cig lighter / storage cubby.

I can remove the entire shifter assembly just fine - but don’t wanna break the slider cover...yet.

Anyone?

I’d love to know as well. Getting annoying constantly accidentally hitting it and it closing.

A couple screws hold that cover on

Thanks for the link. I'll pull it back apart and give it another look.

I just installed a Qi wireless charger for my phone in the pocket and like MrTorgue - I wanna get rid of that top to have it stop closing accidentally. :beer:

I don't think I've closed mine once since new lol. I might remove it as well.

Thanks for the link. I'll pull it back apart and give it another look.

I just installed a Qi wireless charger for my phone in the pocket and like MrTorgue - I wanna get rid of that top to have it stop closing accidentally. :beer:

Has anyone found that iPhone GPS receiver seems to struggle with signal strength down in that pocket? I have an iPhone 8 and it frequently loses location when it is down there but works fine if I put it up on the dash.

I should add that I do have the clear ceramic film on my windshield for heat rejection, so that might be creating a little barrier?

Has anyone found that iPhone GPS receiver seems to struggle with signal strength down in that pocket? I have an iPhone 8 and it frequently loses location when it is down there but works fine if I put it up on the dash.

I should add that I do have the clear ceramic film on my windshield for heat rejection, so that might be creating a little barrier?

Yes, the GPS on my iPhone would lose connectivity if it was down in that pocket area, which is where I put it when I first bought the vehicle. I also added the clear ceramic film to the windshield (as well as tinted ceramic film on the sides) and it made no difference in GPS or other reception (my work cell, handheld radios, mobile laptop connectivity, etc.), but it is my understanding that ceramic is preferred over any metallic film for just that reason (less interference).
I ended up buying a phone holder that wedges into the DVD player slot, and since putting the phone in there, the GPS issues went away, so maybe there is some RF or other electronic noise from the vehicle that plays a role when the phone is down in the cubby part.

I have an iPhone 8 and it frequently loses location when it is down there but works fine if I put it up on the dash.

Have an iPhone 8 as well and never paid attention. Have has Waze on it a few time down there and didn’t seem to lose connection. What a sure fire way to test it?

The symptoms that I see are just inaccurate position indications. Like I'll be driving down the freeway, but the GPS location will show me on the frontage road for a bit.

The symptoms that I see are just inaccurate position indications. Like I'll be driving down the freeway, but the GPS location will show me on the frontage road for a bit.

Cool I’ll try that next time I use Waze.

I swear I’ve been seeing that happen with Waze regardless of car or position lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom