Removing nav DVD player and audio amp... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

audioviking

SILVER Star
Threads
I've put in a Rhino tablet head unit. After some initial pains, it's in and working pretty well. My next feat is to find room for an aftermarket amp. I'd like to put it under the front passenger seat where the nav DVD and amplifier are.

-Will simply removing the hardware cause any problems? Are there series-connected circuits that rely on these connections in order to work?

-I need to run the RCA cable as well as 4AWG power to the amp and also to cargo area for other uses. What is the best path for an '04 LC?

FYI, the problems with the Rhino:
-amp turn on did not work, so had to get the supplied wired spliced to power. A pain but easy.
-engine whine in speakers. Solved with new harness from Rhino.
-now, there are "thumps" when selecting radio vs Spotify. Like a hard switch. Mildly annoying but am worried with the new amp the thump will launch a speaker cone across the car.

Thanks!

cKQBPZR.jpg

There are no photo-necessary items in this post...

you very much need the EWD for your year and make to help with an amp swap. makes things a lot easier. if you do have the 04 LC you are in luck and comes with the FSM pdf that floats around here.

that thump sounds like an issue with the HU. just switching sources within it shouldnt be popping the amp like that. i get that with my sony HU and the pioneer amp i put in when i turn the truck off only. i might have mixed up the amp remote wires. have not debugged that issue yet.

run the #4 under the thresholds to the back first and then another one up to the amp, fused in the back. unless you do all your fusing in the engine bay.

edit: and we all love pics here. even if its just a pic of your HU mounted in the truck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom