Removing aftermarket double din stereo, replacing with single-din and storage beneath (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is this possible? I have a really old after market double din stereo that doesn't work well. I was hoping to remove it and replace it with a new single din stereo and add a small storage compartment below the stereo. Wondering if anyone has done this in the past.

Is this possible? I have a really old after market double din stereo that doesn't work well. I was hoping to remove it and replace it with a new single din stereo and add a small storage compartment below the stereo. Wondering if anyone has done this in the past.

Can't see why not. All the input and output wires should be the same, though you may have to reconnect everything to switch brands.

It should be a breeze. The toughest part is bolting the brackets to the 1-din & the pocket/bin, if the holes don't line up exactly, you may have to drill a hole or 2.

I've seen pics of this setup on some of the audio threads, I'll link if I run across as I continue to read speaker threads. Crutchfield is a great resource for what fits and what you need to make it happen.

I've seen pics of this setup on some of the audio threads, I'll link if I run across as I continue to read speaker threads. Crutchfield is a great resource for what fits and what you need to make it happen.
Yeah, I have been looking at Crutchfield to see what fits. I have seen photos of a small open storage area under the single din but wasn't sure if it was something you could buy to easily fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom