remove running boards on LX450? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
still looking at possibly getting an LX450 if I can't find a TLC (or is it the other way around?)
Anyway, from looking at some photos it looks like the LX has a lot of plastic stuck on the outside, including some beefy running boards that I'm not likely to be fond of.
Q: is it easy to remove these or are they part of the outer "armor" ? Would it look OK without them or would it look weird like something is missing with gaps and screws etc showing?
thanks
E

Real easy to remove the running boards. Just order some proper Toy mud flaps from C-Dan before you start. Once the running boards are off you will have no protection from rocks & stones.

Also to answer your other question - it will look just fine. On the bottom of the rear side doors there is a little rubber thingy that will need to be removed (just hacksaw it off). I just did to my rig and it looks just fine (mind you a TLC but pretty much the same).

With the Toy flaps you will be protected from rocks ect... Ship the old running boards to Semlin as he's building a monument to silly Toyota extras like roof racks and running boards.

R

it looks better IMO with the running boards removed. They're just there to help old people like Junk get in their vehicle easier :D

while they will help protect from rocks to some degree, theyll get trashed offroad.
sliders is what you want.

I took the running boards off my LX450 and it looks much better (not to mention the offroad advantages)! The running boards are not part of the plastic cladding and there won't be any holes, gaps, etc. Rip 'em off! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom