Removal of door chrome protector strips? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sleak

SILVER Star
Threads
Has anyone removed the chrome protector strip bumper things from their doors? I don't know how they're attached, so if there are holes behind them, I need to be ready to fill them with something. If it's just tape, that would also be good to know.

car.jpg

There are holes in the door, so you can’t Just remove them without ending up with holes.

I think this is why people tend to vinyl wrap the piece or otherwise coat it to be rid of the chrome look.

Thanks for the info. That's unfortunate. I'll have to visit my local body shop to see how much they'd charge to remove the strips and fill the holes (and paint). I have some Aussie armor (Rhino Hide) that won't fit over the strips.

Here is a video I made showing how easy it is to pop the lower door moldings off. Any body shop can paint them for you that’s the easy part. The hard(er) ones are the emblems/tailgate/hatch/grill. We do this pretty often if you're near Indy.

Last edited:

CFE22DE0-C0A0-4A8B-91FF-359ACB50D187.jpeg

Here is a video I made showing how easy it is to pop the lower door moldings off. Any body shop can paint them for you that’s the easy part. The hard(er) ones are the emblems/tailgate/hatch/grill. We do this pretty often if you're near Indy.

Do you or your guys know whether 13-15 are that easy as well? The molding is much larger and I assumed partly held on by tape, but haven’t actually tried anything yet.

I don't know on pre 2016

I took mine off on my 2011 LX. They were just glued on thankfully, so there was no worry about holes.

My son removed mine for me this weekend by hitting a fence. This is what it looks like when you remove them.

IMG_2127.jpg

I took mine off on my 2011 LX. They were just glued on thankfully, so there was no worry about holes.

Can you post a picture? I'd love to see what a 08-11 LX looks like without the door guards.

Here's what I eventually did: remove guards; remove plug/clips from guards; trim off flanges and shave smooth; clean & paint (matched touch-up paint & clear coat); re-insert painted plugs in holes. Now the armor will fit.

IMG_0097.jpg

Anyone removed from a 2013 LC? Do they just pop off with a little gentle prying?

Mine are a little dinged up, thinking I might remove them and wrap them for a little extra protection from door dings...

Anyone removed from a 2013 LC? Do they just pop off with a little gentle prying?

Mine are a little dinged up, thinking I might remove them and wrap them for a little extra protection from door dings...

Been trying to find this out myself, before yarding on them anyway. I’m inclined to try and wrap them in-place just to avoid potential issues. Seems easy enough.

My son removed mine for me this weekend by hitting a fence. This is what it looks like when you remove them.

View attachment 2080747

What year?

Can you post a picture? I'd love to see what a 08-11 LX looks like without the door guards.
Sorry for late reply, I took these today. Let me know if these work or if you want some more. I had to zoom into the side shot and figure out what that was on my door in the picture. Apparently caught a butterfly just as it flew by.

20190916_113231.jpg

20190916_113238.jpg

thread bump. are there holes where the side bumpers attach, or are they glued on. 15 lx570

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom