Remote Start Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I think I might have found another picky gripe on my 200.... the remote start. Perhaps it's not possible since it's programmed into the computer, but, having the remote start shut the truck down when you unlock the door is just stupid IMHO. Is there a way to over-ride that?

With my 2015 if I use the remote start in the house on cold mornings and walk out to get in the truck, when I touch the door handle the door unlocks and the truck turns off. If I use the remote to unlock the doors, the truck shuts off. WTF.

Can you not just unlock the door without shutting down the truck?!

That's just how it works with the factory system. On the bright side, the 200 starter has no record of failures so it should all be okay with 2x the starts (insert cynical font).

I hate this too. It’s one of the main reasons I only use the remote start for really cold mornings.

mine at least I can load the trunk and the trunk won’t shut down.

Yeah I have a new starter sitting in my truck, but every time I use the remote start I’m riddled with guilt thinking I’m cutting my current starter life down with the extra start

Yeah I have a new starter sitting in my truck, but every time I use the remote start I’m riddled with guilt thinking I’m cutting my current starter life down with the extra start
Well it could be worse. At least we don't have the start/stop BS that comes as a standard "feature" of newer vehicles.

Well it could be worse. At least we don't have the start/stop BS that comes as a standard "feature" of newer vehicles.

...yet.

Does the Viper system stop the engine when you open the door?

Does the Viper system stop the engine when you open the door?
Yes, I can unlock the doors and open the rear top hatch but once I open one of the four doors the engine will stop. Does not bother me, that is the way my Subaru is also. Not a big deal to have to restart the car for me.

Anyway to bypass this with a viper system?

Anyway to bypass this with a viper system?
Not sure. I had mine installed when I got my LC new from @Eric Sarjeant. He said that it would shut off and that he could not do anything to stop it. I was already use to this happening with my Subaru so was not a problem for me.

If you search for: "aftermarket remote start" you will find hours worth of reading on this subject, but the short answer is no.
Thanks for the quick response

Not sure. I had mine installed when I got my LC new from @Eric Sarjeant. He said that it would shut off and that he could not do anything to stop it. I was already use to this happening with my Subaru so was not a problem for me.
Cool thanks.

Yes, I can unlock the doors and open the rear top hatch but once I open one of the four doors the engine will stop.

My Compustar does the same thing. I've always wondered what would happen if I crawled into the truck through the hatch and got into the driver's seat and tried to drive away.

I suspect there is something in the DNA of the ignition system that is very difficult to bypass, and aftermarket companies are reluctant to do this due to liability.

Its obnoxious for sure. My '14 Altima doesnt shut down, and I can leave it running while I go somewhere, doors locked. '19 honda pilot doesnt shut down, also nice.

That's just how it works with the factory system. On the bright side, the 200 starter has no record of failures so it should all be okay with 2x the starts (insert cynical font).

I have an '08 570 and it is on the second starter. It went out around 145k miles with very little warning.
That being said, I just installed the 12volt.solutions kit and love it.
Same gripe as everyone else with shutting down when the door is open but remote start > no remote start

That’s how it works. I don’t understand why it is such a big deal to some folks. I just get in and push the start button.

I have a Viper system and there's no way around that auto-off system, although I hear SkyNet is developing a work-around along with a new Cyborg -

I will say that one advantage to having it quit like that is that when you restart, the audio system will properly connect to my phone Bluetooth. It is not good at doing that if you try to connect after it's been running. It's like the vehicle Bluetooth gives up trying after only a minute or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom