Remote central locking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an Aussie 2003 Sahara which has central locking on the door but did not come standard with remotes and receiver, just master key with transponder inside.

Do you think it would be possible to plug in a second hand receiver and reap the benefits or would ECU be different too?

(I bought a master key with remote before figuring out there was no receiver trying to program it)

Last edited:
That sounds weird as anything. Maybe they did a convert but wanted their expensive keyless entry receiver unit back so ripped it before they sold it

A sahara would definitely come with one built in, checked that its in their ? maybe its broken

I know, I've had a few people in disbelief, but strangely enough it did actually come like that - the manual and Toyota confirm it was an option at the time. I need to get behind my draw system and see if there is a plug for the receiver in the rear panel. The vehicle won't go into programming mode, so want to see if I can borrow a receiver and see if it does once there is one - assuming the loom, ECU etc. is all standard.

I know, I've had a few people in disbelief, but strangely enough it did actually come like that - the manual and Toyota confirm it was an option at the time. I need to get behind my draw system and see if there is a plug for the receiver in the rear panel. The vehicle won't go into programming mode, so want to see if I can borrow a receiver and see if it does once there is one - assuming the loom, ECU etc. is all standard.

That is so funny but I have to say how can you be shocked - these cars are weird hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom