Reliability of 2H engine?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's my opinion:

I personally would not turbo any engine that was not designed for it.
Though there have been lots of people who have put a turbo on a 2H and are happy with it.
But, factory turbo engines such as the 13BT and the 12HT have much heavier components than their non-turbo counterparts the 3B and 2H.

I own a 1985 HJ60 and wouldn't really recommend it for 21st century traffic. It cannot maintain its speed very well going uphill, and overtaking is near impossible, and it gets up to speed pretty slowly too.
I'd wait for an HJ61, with a factory turbo 12HT.

And as for reliability of the 2H. Some say their lifespan is modest, others say it can go into 7 figures.
But there isn't much concrete evidence either way. Just lots of wishful thinking and hearsay.

End of opinion. :)
Sorry but I disagree..I happen to own a 1984 Toyota Land Cruiser and it’s fitted with a 2h diesel motor. I do admit that they are a bit slow in climbing hills but they are built for pulling not speed.the 2h engines are more then modest. I can verify that cause my 2h motor has reached the 7 hundred thousand on the clock never gave me any problems till now it has come to the stage where my engine needs a rebuilt yet it is still going but not as good .I’m sorry to say but it’s not wishful thinking it can be achieved.as a women who has driven this beautifull beast for nearly 20 years and still driving it I would recommend the 2h diesel motor to any one.they just keep going and never let me down once.don’t mean to offend any one but this is true

they just keep going and never let me down once.don’t mean to offend any one but this is true
Ive had 4 landcruisers, none ever broke down. A bad battery and a dead alternator is as bad as it got for me

If the goal is reliability then I would not turbo it.

Like an old ( Mud Local ) friend said .. it's not the turbo ( boost ) that's gonna kill your engine .. it's your right foot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom