Registering out of state relic (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, I did pass a "Grant" with my application for the title at the DMV, one of those things you learn growing up in Miami. "Its not bribes, its a contribution."

But you can see on red letters under the Due Date below, NC INSPECTION NOT REQUIRED. That tells me, like most agencies and companies, there is no process, the process is whatever the person decides to do when they get work.

Heather does all the title work on vehicles we buy and sell. Her years running a car lot made her a regular at the DMV. She'd walk in with a stack of titles in her hand and the girls behind the counter would ring out "Heather". Like we were at Cheers and she was Norm. She walk over to a window and they'd go on about kids, critters and such and poof she had a stack of paperwork complete and a bunch of titles in a week or so.

I stood mystified. :)

Although I did do a lot of building in PA and FL Keys along with commercial stores up and down the East Coast and the level of "Contributions" was something you found every where. Lots of hand shakes with $100.00 bills folded up in your palm. It kept your pile of paper at the head of the line over all the other piles of paper they reviewed day after day. Normal cost of doing business. The difference between getting an inspection today and pouring concrete tomorrow or getting told "The Inspector will be by day after tomorrow".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom