Recovery tally (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I say go for it. It's time we get back to people having pride in their work and showing off their accomplishments. If it was easy everyone would do it and it wouldn't be special. You my friend have the machine and the skill to do not only a good thing but something that others can't. Be proud. Far too often in America people are told to be "normal." What those people are saying is "don't get ahead of me." I say show off and do something special and encourage others to excel as well.

Actually I have changed my mind. I think you should go for it. Get your stickers made. These sort of stickers serve as quick wanna be identifiers.

Plus, the guys with the stickers on the truck get to feel all manly about it while everybody else gets a good chuckle. It's a win win situation.

Mark...

Last edited:
I say go for it. It's time we get back to people having pride in their work and showing off their accomplishments. If it was easy everyone would do it and it wouldn't be special. You my friend have the machine and the skill to do not only a good thing but something that others can't. Be proud. Far too often in America people are told to be "normal." What those people are saying is "don't get ahead of me." I say show off and do something special and encourage others to excel as well.

thats an interesting point of view, I am getting them made, but before that i had him mock up some "drive a legend, Drive a land cruiser" decals for my back window. just a couple bucks for an 8 inch sticker. im getting a couple for the truck back glass and some of my rifle cases

Actually I have changed my mind. I think you should go for it. Get your stickers made. These sort of stickers serve as quick wanna be identifiers.

Plus, the guys with the stickers on the truck get to feel all manly about it while everybody else gets a good chuckle. It's a win win situation.

Mark...

dont worry mark, just like the removal of my front bumper, addition of stickers and the other mechanical modifications of my land cruiser, i did it because it looks cool. feel free to stop listening anytime :cheers:

I think it would be more fun to count the number of times you've been pulled out after doing something stupid or most embarrassing stuck. I was rescued by a volvo stationwagon once, that was pretty damn embarrassing w/ a hot chick in my passenger seat.

I think it would be more fun to count the number of times you've been pulled out after doing something stupid or most embarrassing stuck. I was rescued by a volvo stationwagon once, that was pretty damn embarrassing w/ a hot chick in my passenger seat.

If we're talking about that...

When I still had the little 235 street tires that came on my 60, I got stuck in a ditch in my parents' driveway and needed a tug from my dad's VW golf to get out.

Open diffs and 'might as well be racing slicks' style street tires don't mix well with extreme off-camber and muddy turf...

I had to get my deuce and a half pulled out by a Vespa.

I used to have a soft spot at the edge of my driveway and the road every year during breakup. At one time or another I got both my 3/4 ton suburban and my FJ55 stuck in my own driveway.

Mark...

I had to get my deuce and a half pulled out by a Vespa.

I once towed a VW Beetle on the street with my 1946 Indian Chief.

fzjstuckinsoop.JPG

My front yard :bang:

Lockers did nothing but ensure that each wheel got an equal coat of mud :doh:

Joe Garney dragged me and my ATV down off the mountain with his
Iditarod team once when I got snowed in while out hunting. He lost his belt knife in a tumble off the sled on the way down, So I gave him my (favorite...hand made) knife as a thank you.

Mark...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94mGB1ZA6ng">YouTube Link</a>

;)

That vid reminded me of the 2010 Alaska Cruiser Trek..

I developed a starter problem that defied diagnosis for a day... Maybe two... Turned out to be internal corrosion in a soldered on cable terminal. Anyway until we figured it out, every time I shut my rig down, Ratpuke would have to toss me a strap and give a quick pull start.
After doing this a few times she found it boring So for fun she refused to stop and let me unhook but decided to drag me down the trail behind her instead.

Four wheel disc brakes and 18 inch wide boggers under a very heavily loaded rig can apply a lot of anchoring force... And I got to laugh in turn as I watched her thrown forward in her seat belt as I slammed everything to a stop. ;)

Mark...

I've been stuck in my parking spot beside my house a few winters ago.

I had neglected shovelling my spot for a few storms and fell off the ruts. My 4runner tires were jammed between the packed down (ice) ruts and the siding of the house. I got a tug from my buddy.

Points to you if you remember this picture.

Double points if you remember where you saw it.

Triple points if you can tell me any details.

ForumRunner_20130209_233644.jpg

Helpful hint... you might say this is for the "old timers"... it was taken for a lot of you started driving 4x4s I imagine. ;)

Mark...
ForumRunner_20130209_233644.jpg

Wonky phone app. That was odd. I can't get that picture right side up Let me try again.

ForumRunner_20130209_234014.jpg

The first pic should have been right side up. This one should be upside down.

Mark...
ForumRunner_20130209_234014.jpg

My mom's cousin had a ski/fishing boat that had the engine cut out in the middle of a lake once. We towed it back to shore with the Hobie 18. Is this thread chat yet? ;)

Wasn't this thread chat from the start?

Mark...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom