Recovery strap 2x30' (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

scottm

SILVER Star
Threads
Looking for a medium-duty strap, my son ran over mine numerous times yesterday when I towed him home. Stopped at Tractor Supply, they want $45+ for a 2x30' now, they said the prices just jumped for some reason. Amazon has a Smittybilt CC230 for $25.60 shipped, I'd sure rather buy local, but don't want to be taken for a ride either. It's Spring, I'm surprised to see this price jump, anyone else notice this?

Hmmm - interesting. I haven't seen a price jump specifically in recovery gear but across the board I am seeing an increase in prices in several markets and the manufactures and distributors claim it is directly attributable to a surge in gas prices which makes sense.

Do you mind posting pics of the tow strap that was run over? If it was only run over and not cut or significantly abraded it might be OK. You will also have to look out for dirt getting embedded into the strap which will essentially degrade the strap from the inside out.

As to an Amazon distributed Smittybilt strap versus a Tractor Supply Co strap make sure to compare specs on both lines. Depending on how the straps are sewn and what type of strap is used their SWL/WLL (safe working load/working load limit) and breaking strength could be different. The difference is probably only slight but you never know and it is good to check.

I'm working on a new product that will be a good solution to traditional tow ropes. I hope to have something available in a few months.

:cheers:

Our kinetic tow ropes are made from nylon rope, prices go up every year on the rope it seems like.

-Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom