Recovery Skills Class 11/10/19 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A group of 4x4 folks are gathering together this next Sunday morning , 9:00 am,( Class starts at 9:30 am, sharp) at the end of Southern( Rio Puerco) to demonstrate the use of various recovery equipment. Winch techniques, snatch blocks, anchoring, recovery boards, etc. This is free. Bring lunch, water, input, positive attitude ,and questions. For newbies to experienced level. Bring your recovery equipment and learn safe techniques to help in self recovery and multiple vehicle recovery.
Possible ride into Puerco following class.
Let me know if you are coming. I can meet up with anyone at the Starbucks at Unser and Southern at 8:30 am to caravan to meet up spot.
Jeff

Right now about 8 rigs are planing on coming out.

A good turn out for the Recovery Class. About 15 vehicles showed. The presenters demonstrated Straight winch pull. Snatch blocks to increase pulling power, and use of 3 and 4 (box) point winch pull, using 2 snatch blocks on multiple 4x4's or trees.. Also use of a land anchor for winching out your vehicle. I learned about the value of a Kinetic recovery strap,and I will add that to my recovery equipment. Some of the newer Kinetic straps stretch 6 feet or more to give a pulling effect that is gentle on the pulling vehicle while giving a strong pull on the stuck vehicle.

Later in the day, some went into the Puerco valley to explore, and we had to use recovery, when a Jeep got very tippy in a tight arroyo. WE positioned a vehicle winch line to keep the Jeep from falling on its side. This winch line support helped the driver slowly drive out to a better position, and he had much less damage, because of the properly attached winch line.

Dang. I'm all off galavanting across the countryside when the local fun stuff goes on.

Wish I could have made this. Sounds like it was a good opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom