Recommendations needed for a portable winch. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings, I am in search of a portable winch for moving small equipment that is broken down in the field onto a small landscape trailer to transport to the shop for repair. I have a Warn Pullzall that works great that I purchased a few years back but it runs on 120V so I have to lug a generator along to use this. I do not want to have a dedicated winch on the trailer as it is very small plus different vehicles may be used to transport it depending on what is available at the time.

I see there is a 24V DC model of the Pullzall, has anyone used this with success? How long do the batteries last and how long does it take to charge them?

Is there any other models out there that you recommend that have alligator clips to run off of a 12V vehicle battery? This would be handy as in it could be used with different vehicles.

Thanks for any feedback

I have a little HF winch that is battery powered and has a bolt in cradle that the winch sits on and hooks when in use.
Idk the rating it was on the trailer when I got it.

Have you thought about a Lewis Chainsaw winch?
I have one and it's worth its weight in gold! They aren't cheap, but they really work, they keep their value, and don't break like the clone knock offs.

any small winch will work for what you want we use a jump start with some of ours

I’m trying to decide between this one and a Lewis Winch.

Let me know what you decide. With both, snatch blocks are recommended

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom