recall coming (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And this info on the Toyota Owners site:

LC200Recall_16DEC18_zpsuwgfkb0m.jpg

Here's the link to the FAQ doc - NOTE: You may qualify for a free loaner (See Q7) until the fix is complete:

https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInf...n/techinfo/html/prelogin/docs/cp/j15tofaq.pdf

HTH

The loaner part is interesting. I’ve heard for the airbag recall loaners were only provided for the time when the repair was done - and even then, only if it was overnight.

Additionally, how does one provide that they need the front passenger seat for personal/business needs? And even if all of the above results in a loaner, are they going to loan you a Yaris to do what you normally would have done with your Land Cruiser?

Will Lexus provide LX owners with a loaner? Maybe we can get a LC for a few days to try? :)

Am I reading this right it’s really only a problem after your vehicle has the lights that won’t go off or is this a problem even if everything looks like it’s operating properly

Am I reading this right it’s really only a problem after your vehicle has the lights that won’t go off or is this a problem even if everything looks like it’s operating properly

It's a problem even if everything looks OK now. We're all in this one :cheers:

My wife tells me where to go from any seat!

My wife tells me where to go from any seat!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has a multi-seat driver with them at all times. :cool:

We just took possession of our 2019 about 10 days ago...must've just been prior to the formal release by Toyota.

No lights as of yet...will wait for the paperwork in the mail and see what the plan is.

If you had related costs to repair you can ask for reimbursement. Per Toyota web site when logged in to owner site

"If you have received a Safety Recall or Special Service Campaign notice regarding your vehicle or have previously paid for Safety Recall or Special Service Campaign related repairs, you may be eligible for reimbursement. Click the button below to confirm if your vehicle is involved in a Safety Recall or Special Service Campaign and to submit your paperwork for reimbursement consideration."

@SWUtah - that's how I read it as well. It would be nice to get some clarification on it. Wife, dog, or a nice 6 pack in the front seat... not a fan of any of them not getting an airbag when they're supposed to.

This timing is awful. I've been talking up Toyota reliability and trying to convince my wife how solid these trucks are. But she's a little reluctant to believe me after my 80 blew a head gasket in Utah, leaving us stranded for 2 weeks and then the same 80 had a loose battery terminal that kept causing intermittent start issues, which gave us a bit of a scare in BFE Colorado. Then I convince her that I need to just move up to a 200 because it's more comfortable, newer, fewer worn parts, etc. Now, exactly 1 week after taking ownership of a 2014, I have to tell her she can't ride in the front seat with me because of a massive recall.

FML. C'mon, TOYOTA! You're killin' me here man!

Will Lexus provide LX owners with a loaner? Maybe we can get a LC for a few days to try? :)
The airbag recall for the IS was the same. Comes with strings though. They rent you a car (not a Lexus) and you must park your Lexus (they do not store it for you) and not drive it (they record mileage). If you drive too many miles they “fine” you for the cost of the rental. My rental was a POS and I was sick if it in a week. After a month I turned it back in because I was moving out of state. It was still several months later before the airbag was replaced.

Just an aside—
—For those who don’t have a front seat passenger...none of this is a risk.

Stopped by the Lexus dealer today. Salesperson mentioned that incoming LX570s are not affected; available for purchase. implies a fix. Anyone heard the same?

I suspect that the salescritter was talking out of his or her backside in order to make a sale.

Stopped by the Lexus dealer today. Salesperson mentioned that incoming LX570s are not affected; available for purchase. implies a fix. Anyone heard the same?

Anything that starts out, "Salesperson mentioned..." is immediately suspicious and should not be trusted. In light of the official notifications that contradict this salesperson's statement, guess who I believe?

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom